Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Polycom Community,

I am new to the community, and could really use your help.

Phone Information

Phone Model - Trio 8800

Part Number - 3111-65290-001 Rev:A

MAC Address - 00:04:F2:FC:36:0B

Wi-Fi MAC Address - 00:04:F2:FC:36:0C

Bluetooth MAC Address - 00:04:F2:FC:36:0D

IP Address - 10.10.213.238

UC Software Version - 5.5.3.3441

Updater Signature - Release

Environment

Skype for Business - Online

Exchange 2016 - On Premises

DNS / DHCP - NetScaler

ADFS - Yes

MFA / Conditional Access - Only some accounts

Document Reading: I have read the ‘Must Read First’ document.  I have read the ‘VOIP FAQ’ document.  I have read the ‘Skype for Business FAQ’ document.

Files Provided: Device Log with appropriate Debug set, Wireshark trace, Device configuration, All configuration.

Issue: We were recently provided 2 demo units for Proof of Concept.  I am unable to login to Skype for Business Online with a user@domain.com user from the Web GUI of the subject mentioned device (I am able to login to Skype for Business Online with a user@domain.onmicrosoft.com account.  I am also able to login to the unit by utilizing the ‘Web Sign In’ function located on the interface of the phone.).

Cause:  I am unclear as to the cause. 

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. I have ensured that the UC Software version is up to date.
  2. I have ensured that the user in question is truly homed online by ensuring that the interpreted user type is set to ‘DirSyncedPureOnline’.
  3. I’ve ensured that the SIP address matches.
  4. I’ve ensured that all DNS, both internal and external are accurate.
  5. This account does not have MFA enabled, and can login to any Skype for Business client whether it is internal or external.
  6. I’ve tested the phone both on the network, and off the network. Each sign in still fails.
  7. I’ve set the use of modern authentication to ‘True’. If this isn’t supported by the phone, I’ve already made the attempt prior to changing the setting.
  8. There are no ‘Failed’ attempts on our Azure portal for this account.
  9. I’ve provided the most recent set of logs from the Polycom device as well as from a Wireshark trace. As per directions from a Polycom Engineer, I have set the logs to debug DHCP client, DNS, Logging, SIP, Skype for Business ABS, TLS, and Web Ticket. The logging size was also increased to the maximum to ensure that the most information was captured.
  10. I’ve contacted Microsoft support. They have not been helpful.
  11. I’ve contacted a Polycom Engineer to assist in troubleshooting, as I can’t contact a reseller or Polycom support directly as the device is a demo unit. He is unsure as to what the issue may be.
  12. I tried to contact Polycom support directly, but they won’t help me as the phone is a demo unit, and I am an end customer.
  13. I’ve contacted other senior Skype Engineers from other companies. They are not sure what the issue may be.
  14. The time on the device is accurate. I know that for on premises deployments, DHCP options must be properly configured.  This is however an online deployment, and from what I read, as long as the time is accurate, than there shouldn’t be any issues.

Resolution: I’m seeking a resolution ASAP as this testing has gone on for too long.  I’m hoping to have a solution within the next few days.  If the troubleshooting steps are insufficient, or there is something else I can try, please let me know.  I want to minimize the back and forth from this site.  If what I’m asking for is not possible, I will need concrete documentation as to why not.  Ultimately there has to be a way to integrate this device into our environment without sacrificing security, while still providing ease of use.

Best Regards

Chris Krafcky

Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Chris Krafcky,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

A Polycom Sales Engineer should have been by now been in contact with you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Chris,

Was there a final resolution on this topic? Did you find out what the issue was and how was it resolved?

HP Recommended

Hello @hs.milos,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

From the internal communication I found there was a DNS / Port issue aka traffic destined to port 443 external went to 5061 originally and some other stuff like accounts etc.

I do not think a case was ever opened and if you have a similar issue contact me via the "normal" channels.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.