Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm trying to use the screen capture function on some CCX 500 phones running 7.0.2 and Microsoft Teams but I can't get it to work.

I have enabled the screen capture and web interface in the settings and I'm trying to access the capture using the following instructions but I get a 404 error saying T"he document requested was not found on this server".

https://documents.polycom.com/bundle/ccx-ms-ag-5-9-12/page/t-ucs-ag-capture-your-devices-current-scr...

I can access the admin page but not the capture page and I have tried from multiple phones.

Regads,

Nathan

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello @nharwood ,

Welcome back to the Poly community.

Did you follow your other post up as suggested => here <=?

For your new issue I found this myself and suggest for now you add the configuration as explained here:

Oct 17, 2011 Question: How can I create a Screen Capture of the phone GUI?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I'm working with both Poly support and Microsoft on the issues in our earlier discussions. As a workaround I have disabled power saving mode which makes the phones a lot more reliable but I'm concerned about what this will do to the screens.

With the screen capture I have enabled everything as per the instructions but it's still not working. In the settings in the GUI screen capture and web interface are both enabled and I have downloaded the config file from the phone through the web interface and I can see the config for screen capture is enabled.

I'm trying to access the capture using https://1.1.1.1/captureScreen. I can get to the main web with just https://1.1.1.1 but not the screen capture. (IP has been changed from real IP)

Nathan

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I just did a test on a phone running firmware 6.2.22.0185 and can access the screen capture using the software in the link you provided and I can get to webpage which is asking for a username and password. I have tried putting in the admin password (Same as I use for the admin webpage) in the password field but it won't work.

It looks like the main issue with accessing the screen capture is specific to 7.0.2 as I did the same as I did in 6.2.22 which works.

Nathan

HP Recommended

Hello @nharwood 

f you read my reply and follow this aka import the attached file from the screen capture FAQ after unzipping it will work. There is another parameter required which does not automatically get enabled but the file attached to the FAQ has this included.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I have now installed that config file and I do now get further but I'm not getting an error 500 internal server error.

Nathan

HP Recommended

Hello @nharwood 

in 7.0.2 once you enable the Web Interface and then the Screencapture a backup will show (amongst other possible values):

<PHONE_LOCAL
		httpd.enabled="1"
		np.normal.ringing.toneVolume.chassis="-30"
		tcpIpApp.sntp.olsonTimezoneID="Europe/London"
		up.screenCapture.enabled="1"

Prior to 7.0.2 another parameter was enabled. In order to re-enable the "old" functionality simply add this attached configuration from >here< which will add:

<up up.screenCapture.allowed="1"
	up.screenCapture.value="1" />

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I had already tried importing that config but it still didn't work.

I spoke to Poly Support and they have replicated the issue on 7.0.2 so are raising the issue with engineering.

Regards,

Nathan

HP Recommended

This is a known issue that I've already reported to the development team and is slated to be fixed in a future release.

In order to enable screen capture in UCS both of the following parameters needs to be enabled:

up.screenCapture.allowed="1"

The problem is that in the 7.0.2 release the Settings > Admin Only > Debug > Screen Capture option is only controlling "up.screenCapture.allowed" and is not updating "up.screenCapture.enabled".

To get it working you'll need to either manually set "up.screenCapture.enabled=1" by importing a configuration file or by pushing a Configuration Profile from the Teams Admin Center with the Screen Capture setting enabled.

Once this is done the Screen Capture setting on the phone will work for toggling it back off/on again directly on the phone.

HP Recommended

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately I have already tried adding the config suggested and screen capture is enabled in the TAC profile assigned to the phone.

Below is a copy of the config export from the phone. When I go to the screen capture page on the phone it asks me for password and then after enter the password the page comes up with a 500 error.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- Application SIP Atlas 7.0.2.1072 29-Mar-21 13:57 -->
<!-- Created 16-04-2021 08:56 -->
<!-- Base profile MSTeams -->
<PHONE_CONFIG>
<ALL
device.prov.serverName.set="1"
device.prov.ztpEnabled="0"
device.prov.ztpEnabled.set="1"
device.set="1"
feature.osNative.phoneLock.pinExcludes=""
httpd.enabled="1"
lcl.ml.lang="English_United_Kingdom"
np.normal.ringing.toneVolume.chassis="-12"
powerSaving.enable="0"
powerSaving.idleTimeout.officeHours="5"
powerSaving.officeHours.endHour="1"
powerSaving.officeHours.startHour="3"
tcpIpApp.sntp.olsonTimezoneID="Australia/Sydney"
up.backlight.onIntensity="2"
up.backlight.onIntensity.expandedRange="128"
up.osNative.screenSaver.enabled="1"
up.screenCapture.allowed="1"
up.uiSubTheme="Dark"
/>
</PHONE_CONFIG>

Regards,

Nathan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.