Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have several phones across our organization that have the same issue of slow dialing. When you pick up the receiver and start dialing, the phone hesitates up to 5 seconds before it shows the numbers dialed and the corresponding tones.

We are running Skype for Business 2015 On-Prem with a Audio Codes Mediant 2600.

Here are some MAC addresses of some of the afflicted phones:

64167F85A53D
64167F85A51B
64167F85A53D
64167F85A91D

I recently installed the latest cumulative updates for all the SFB Server Roles. I have ruled out any cabling issues.

Here is a video of the behavior:

https://kvcorg-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/aruss_kvc_org/ER6v6Meh_rVGvaxtkiNo_VkBq4NywyD9dAbYFU...

Any help is appreciated, I'm happy to answer any questions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Russtoleum ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

You posted in the wrong section so I moved this to the right one here.

1st of all our records show the phones were purchased in June 2017. So did this only recently occur? or has this been a day 1 issue since 2017?

Just guessing but I assume the logging on these phones is set to some sort of debug. A backup of the phone would show this.

The quickest test would be to follow this:

May 29, 2018 Question: How can I change the Skype for Business logging levels?

Resolution: This feature was actually added back in the UCS 5.5.2 release.  It allows the phone to read the in-band logging level configuration defined in a Lync Server or Skype for Business Server on-premises deployment controlled by the Set-CsUCPhoneConfiguration cmdlet.  The  cmdlet LoggingLevel parameter can be set to Off, Low, Medium, or High values.

The following table lists the individual component logging values in the phone that are configured in conjunction with each of the four possible values in the server parameter.

Feature Off Low Medium High
ICE 4 4 0 0
ICE 4 4 0 0
TICKT 4 4 0 0
SIP 4 4 2 0
EC 4 4 2 2
APP1 4 4 2 2
SO 4 4 2 2
AFE 5 5 2 2
PPS 4 4 1 1
PGUI 4 4 2 2
BTOE 4 4 2 2
ServiceAuth 2 2 2 2
ServiceDevicePair 4 4 2 2
ServiceProxy 4 2 2 2
ServiceWad 2 2 2 2

If unable to do so please download the attached Skype_server_log_setting_enabled_OFf.zip file, Unzip the file and import via the Web Interface Utilities > Import & Export Configuration > Import Configuration

Follow the above and then reset the logging on the phone to factory default via Settings > Logging > Reset to Defaults and potentially move everything to Minor Error.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Russtoleum ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

You posted in the wrong section so I moved this to the right one here.

1st of all our records show the phones were purchased in June 2017. So did this only recently occur? or has this been a day 1 issue since 2017?

Just guessing but I assume the logging on these phones is set to some sort of debug. A backup of the phone would show this.

The quickest test would be to follow this:

May 29, 2018 Question: How can I change the Skype for Business logging levels?

Resolution: This feature was actually added back in the UCS 5.5.2 release.  It allows the phone to read the in-band logging level configuration defined in a Lync Server or Skype for Business Server on-premises deployment controlled by the Set-CsUCPhoneConfiguration cmdlet.  The  cmdlet LoggingLevel parameter can be set to Off, Low, Medium, or High values.

The following table lists the individual component logging values in the phone that are configured in conjunction with each of the four possible values in the server parameter.

Feature Off Low Medium High
ICE 4 4 0 0
ICE 4 4 0 0
TICKT 4 4 0 0
SIP 4 4 2 0
EC 4 4 2 2
APP1 4 4 2 2
SO 4 4 2 2
AFE 5 5 2 2
PPS 4 4 1 1
PGUI 4 4 2 2
BTOE 4 4 2 2
ServiceAuth 2 2 2 2
ServiceDevicePair 4 4 2 2
ServiceProxy 4 2 2 2
ServiceWad 2 2 2 2

If unable to do so please download the attached Skype_server_log_setting_enabled_OFf.zip file, Unzip the file and import via the Web Interface Utilities > Import & Export Configuration > Import Configuration

Follow the above and then reset the logging on the phone to factory default via Settings > Logging > Reset to Defaults and potentially move everything to Minor Error.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you so much. But just to clarify, do I need to run the Set-CsUCPhoneConfiguration and manually config the phones or just try the powershell command first?

HP Recommended

Hello @Russtoleum ,

You have not answered our question.

The logging should only be set to debug for specific cases if advised by Poly support. As we have not yet checked this we are still assuming this is the case.

The easiest way is to import the supplied attached CFG as already advises so Skype for Business can no longer change the setting and then reset and set to minor error.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Some progress!

It appears making this change to the phone did improve the dialing performance. I would not say its the best it could be but it may just be good enough.

So now I am wondering would be the best way to roll this out to all the phones?

Also, I noticed the phones memory diag graph shows 50% usage of the phones memory at all times.

I have been told that because these phones are tied to the PDMS. I'm not sure how I would test that because the phones need to talk to the PDMS to get their config.

I appreciate the help so far, any continued help is super appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hello @Russtoleum ,

We did not know about PDMS-E as you have not shared this detail. We also still do not know if this has been an issue for the last 3 years as you have not told us this yet.

PDMS-E has the ability to add custom configuration and creating a new profile to assign to all phones. As it is similar to RPRM check here:

Dec 06, 2017 Question: Is there an FAQ for RealPresence Resource Manager RPRM to provision Poly or Troubleshoot phones?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

If you still have an issue and cannot help yourself and no other volunteer can add anything please work with Scansource to get this into support.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

As the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.