Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX 311 Caller ID show Number & Name in Skype for Business

kcross
Occasional Visitor

VVX 311 Caller ID show Number & Name in Skype for Business

Good morning

I am looking for a way to get the Polycoms to display both the number & name on inbound calls (from Polycom to Polycom, all registered to Skype for Business).

Right now, the only thing that displays is the Name (from the From field of the SIP header, it seems).

If the Polycom can use the P-Asserted-Identity field for Caller ID info, that would be ideal, since both the calling name & calling number appear in that part of the header.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

We're running 5.5.2.8571.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX 311 Caller ID show Number & Name in Skype for Business

Hello kcross,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We have the voIpProt.SIP.CID.sourcePreference configuration Parameter for openSIP but I assume this is being ignored for Skype for Business.

Comparing this to the Skype for Business Client it does the same aka show only the name internally but no number.

This would be working as designed by Microsoft in their 3PIP qualification.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2