Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Current host Lync and VOIP with a cloud based provider and email at Office 365.

We use VVX phones to connect to the Lync hosting provider and they work really well.

Only thing that does not work is proper integration with Exchange and Office 365.  Specifically directory lookups and caller ID.

Local Lync client on windows (and smart phones) can see Office 365 directory information as they prompt for Exchange credentials after you input your Lync credentials.

These VVX phones do not appear to have an option to auth with both Lync and Exchange separately.

Is there a way to do this?

Phone Information

Phone Model VVX 400

Part Number 3111-46157-002 Rev:A

UC Software Version 5.2.0.8330

Updater Version 5.4.0.8782

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

just an update - this now works with Office 365.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello dMb,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Office 365 is currently not a supported platform for the 3PIP phones and is only supported on the optimized for LYNC CX phone range.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you

When will you have Office 365 support available for the VVX?

So if I have local Exchange 2010 (which is the scenario for many of my clients) can the VVX phones login to both hosted Lync and local Exchange at same time?

HP Recommended

just an update - this now works with Office 365.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Was a FW issue?

If so which is the working one as 5.5.0 is having same problem?

Thanks,

Calin

HP Recommended

Hello ccabulea,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Considering UC Software 5.5.0 is a Beta and not supported on LYNC / Skype I am not surprised.

Could we get logs from a phone running 5.4.5?

Looking at your credentials you are an official partner so please follow this up with us directly.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I have a ticket open from 16.08 on this, 1-3645936751.

What I am trying to achieve is using calendar in Generic mode.

Only FW where  I managed to make it work is 4.1.2.

In latest FW(ex 5.4.5), it is complaining that no credentials are set for exchange, when trying to access the calendar.

What I observed in the logs is that in latest releases, phone is using Skype settings(even if in generic mode) where by default settings login credentials are set to none, even if in the phone cfg is set to username and password.

Thanks and regards,

Calin

HP Recommended

Hello Calin,

One of my colleagues is dealing with this.

Please work with him directly and you can always come back here and provide the solution.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.