Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi

I have a Polycom VVX 411

MAC = 64:16:7F:2D:11:CA

UC Software = 5.6.0.17325

Mode: Skype for Business

I am trying to upgrade the phone via the Polycom Hosted Server. I click Check for Updates and the phone retrieves a list of all firmware updates, however when selecting an update the phone does not upgrade.

I have tried a number of different versions and neither will upgrade.

I have changed Boot Server to static incase something was overwritting it but this did not resolve the issue.

Other phones on this network have updated without issues.

Attached is a backup of the phone.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Robert

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @RobT,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

May 11, 2018 Question: Why do I get a "Failed to fetch available software from the Polycom hosted server" error message or able to download list but unable to upgrade / downgrade?

Resolution: Please ensure your firewall allows outbound network traffic as shown  => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

We have a number of phones on the same network and they have updated to the latest firmware via the route, however this phone just doesn't want to.

Thanks,
Robert

HP Recommended

Hello @RobT,

the FAQ provides information on the logging levels you can check. The next step would be a Support Ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Polycom devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

If the unit is no longer within warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.