Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Folks,

I have a very serious issue with the Polycom VVX411. I went into the web configuration to update the firmware. I did the search for new firmware off the Polycom server. It found the latest firmware v5.8 version C. I clicked the install and now the phone is in a constant firmware upgrade cycle. The error I get is during the "Downloading new Updater". I get the following error:

Cannot download

64167F316930.cfg

using existing configuration

The phone then reboots and starts all over again. This is the second time that this has happened to me. The first phone I shipped back to the vendor. 

This seems to be a serious problem with the Polycom VVX411 update software. Has anyone else experienced this issue and if so, how did you resolve?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Steffen,

Thanks for the recommendation. Can you share with me what needs to be open on my network so the phone can update?

Thanks,

Joe

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @jrebele,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

For some unknown reason something in your network is preventing the phone to fully download the update causing the phone to be in the state it is now.

You simply need to provision it using a local server.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

Thanks for the recommendation. Can you share with me what needs to be open on my network so the phone can update?

Thanks,

Joe

HP Recommended

Hello @jrebele,

It should be port 80 for HTTP or 443 HTTPS

It could also be this:

Apr 21, 2015 Question: Unable to upgrade the Phone via the built in Software Upgrade Web Interface utility

Resolution: This was a bug and was addressed.Please setup a local provisioning server as shown => here <=. Check the release notes for VOIP-97822 and was fixed in 5.5.2 or 5.3.1 or later.

or

Apr 21, 2015 Question: Unable to upgrade the Phone when using a VLAN

Resolution: This was a bug and was addressed.Please setup a local provisioning server in the native VLAN as shown => here <=. Check the release notes for VOIP-100191 

and was fixed in 5.2.3,5.3.1 or later.

We do not know what software the phone had before you started.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Folks,

What I ended up doing was returning this phone to Amazon for replacement. I did not have the skills or the ability to setup a server. Amazon took the phone back and provided a replacement. When the replacement arrived, I was able to update to the latest version of Polycom software without any issue.

Thanks,

Joe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.