Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX 411 User Cert Failed

ArchonSec
Visitor

VVX 411 User Cert Failed

Hello,

We have several users with Polycom VVX 411 SFB phones that have been using them on Teams every since Teams started. Starting this week the phones are now unable to sign in saying 'Fetching User Cert Failed.' We are on the current UC Software version and tried both User and Web sign in options. Nothing has changed in our environment so something must of changed in Teams.

MS support said Polycom could help setup a 3PIP gateway of some kind.

UC Software Version 6.4.0.11527
Updater Version 6.4.0.8604

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX 411 User Cert Failed

Hello @ArchonSec ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

As you have already figured out nothing on the phone end has changed so it must be a setting/change on the Microsoft end.

The 3PIP gateway is the technology between the previous Skype for Business Online and Microsoft Teams.

Your software is not Microsoft certified so I assume Microsoft is blocking the User-Agent.

Microsoft certified software can be found >here<

For the VVX it is 6.3.1

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 5
ArchonSec
Visitor

Thank you for the quick response. I rolled the software back to 6.3.1.11465 but that doesn't seem to of done the trick. I'm still getting the same error.

I've attached the APP log if that would help. I don't speak Polycom but to my eye it looks like this is the critical error.

"Caller Service(140)AuthServiceCallerWbad:IndicationCode(401)Failed to Get oAuth Token
,TransactionID(1457929876)"
Message 3 of 5
ArchonSec
Visitor

I rolled back 6.3.1.11465 and still getting the same error. I looked in the logs and found the following error message.

0701130215|auth |2|00|CAuthSvcUpdateTokenNotifier:: UserMode = [False]
0701130215|auth |2|00|Policy Dest:(202)AuthServicePolicyDBKey:(102)AuthServiceUCMsgKey:(211)AuthSvcAODBIEIndKey
Caller Service(-1):IndicationCode(401)Failed to Get oAuth Token
,TransactionID(292808619)
Message 4 of 5
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @ArchonSec ,

You will need to work with Microsoft on this as nothing has changed from our end.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 5 of 5