Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have Poly VVX 411s and migrated from SfB to Teams in Jan. this year.  All users are now Teams only with O365.  Our IT staff have all migrated to headsets working with the Teams desktop client so we wouldn't have noticed this issue.  We'd like to move all users that direction but will always have some users that can't live without a desk phone.  As new phones are needed we've moved to CCX 400/500/600s but we can't replace 1600 VVX 411s at once. 

About 2 weeks ago, some 411 users reported they could no longer add a 3rd user to an ongoing call.  I've tested on a 411 and adding another caller shows "Connecting to Conference" followed by "The conference service is unresponsive. Try again later."  Tapping Meet Now on the 411 has the same result.  Is this expected behavior for a 3PIP phone or do we have something misconfigured with our Skype to Teams interop? I have to believe we would have had complaints back in January if none of the 411 users could add additional callers.

Looking at Interoperability of Teams and SfB, is this what is meant here?    

• Escalating an ongoing peer-to-peer voice or video call to a multiple-party call involving both Teams and Skype for Business users isn't supported.

Our 411s are on FW 6.3.0.14929 and paired with the user's device using BToE 4.3.  I've tested with the same results with the only available upgrade, v. 6.3.1.8427.

I cleared the logs, tapped Meet Now, and then captured the log (attached).

Thanks in advance. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @PASSR ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Based on the information nothing changed for multiple months running the same software so have you checked with our Partner Microsoft as of yet?

The log does not show any real info.

Jan 17, 2017 Question: How can I troubleshoot simple Skype for Business, Office365 or Teams issues?

Resolution: Have a look => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, we think this just started happening 3 weeks ago based on the first user complaints. We complete our Teams migration in January.  We have opened a support request with MS and are waiting on an answer. 

My basic question though is:  Should the ability to add an additional caller to an ongoing call between Teams-only users work on a VVX 411 on this firmware?  Or is adding 3rd party (in essence a conference) one of the known limitations when using the 411 with Teams?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Reporting back on this issue after opening a support request in December.  After reviewing the logs we submitted, the Poly support tech had this response:

I think I found the issue.

We have an internal engineering issue where the “O365 account has a new e911 dialstring which conflicts with customer's local extensions.”  You can see in the logs, this looks like exactly what is happening:

1216111922|so |2|1993|[SoMediaSessC::app2SoCCCPConf] DialSource: 6
1216111922|so |3|1993|[CSoRegexDigitMapElement]: Checking +15556435555 against ^(?:911)$
1216111922|so |3|1993|[CSoRegexDigitMapElement]: Disabling ^(?:911)$ - No match possible (+15556435555)
1216111922|so |3|1993|[SoDigitMapC]: dial(char* dialedNumber, int maxSize) dialedNumber: +15556435555 m_result: 0 timeout: 5
1216111922|so |3|1993|[CSoRegexDigitMapElement]: Checking +15556435555 against ^(?:1911|911)$
1216111922|so |3|1993|[CSoRegexDigitMapElement]: Disabling ^(?:1911|911)$ - No match possible (+15556435555)
1216111922|so |3|1993|[SoDigitMapC]: dial(char* dialedNumber, int maxSize) dialedNumber: +15556435555 m_result: 0 timeout: 5
1216111922|so |3|1993|[CSoRegexDigitMapElement]: Checking +15556435555 against ^(?:9911|911)$
1216111922|so |3|1993|[CSoRegexDigitMapElement]: Disabling ^(?:9911|911)$ - No match possible (+15556435555)
1216111922|so |3|1993|[CSoRegexDigitMapElement]: Checking +15556435555 against ^(?:933)$

I’m checking to see how this will be addressed, either on MS side or on Poly side – I’ll let you know what I find.

Then next update said:

It looks like the next SW that should address this is coming around January 16th or so build 6.2.1.

If it’s ok, I can archive this ticket number for now.  If you still run into any issues once the new SW is released, we can revisit if needed.

The case was closed but here we are at the end of January and no new VVX 411 firmware.  Our 411s are already running 6.3.0.14929 and have tested with 6.3.1.18427 with the same result.

Anyone else having this issue?

HP Recommended

Hello @PASSR ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Based on my initial reply did you engage our Partner Microsoft as stated nothing has changed on the Poly end and therefore I am unsure why you are quoting a dialogue with a Poly support engineer?

I do not have an ETA for 6.2.1 and usually, we have a disclaimer in all communications aka subject to change to ensure no fixed dates are provided.

Do you have a Poly reference you could share?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Stephen.  We opened a parallel case with MS and they're still investigating but no indication of a solution so far.  I quoted the notes from the Poly support request because they indicated Poly had found a specific issue and a fix would included in an upcoming build. (Case #:23279919)   The case was opened while our last group of 411s was under warranty.  That warranty has since expired.  I'll take it up with our reseller and see if they can get an update.

HP Recommended

Hello @PASSR ,

23279919 is not a Poly reference so I cannot check this internally. Ours usually start with 1-

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Sorry grabbed the wrong ticket.  Here's the Poly ticket:  1-20526443132

Thanks for checking this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.