Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

One of our customers was recently migrated from Exchange Unified Messaging over to Cloud Voicemail. With that it seems like the voicemail button on our phones is no longer working, and I would like to confirm if that is still supported. Our environment is as follows,

Skype for Business Server 2015 (on-premise)

Exchange Online with ExUM (now Cloud Voicemail)

A mixture of Polycom and AudioCodes phones. The Polycom phone in particular are on UC version 5.8.0.12848.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @mpaterra ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

I would suggest you upgrade to a currently supported software version. This is either:

• UC Software 6.2.0
    or
  • UC Software 5.9.5

The next step would be to open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @mpaterra ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

I would suggest you upgrade to a currently supported software version. This is either:

• UC Software 6.2.0
    or
  • UC Software 5.9.5

The next step would be to open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thank you for the prompt response. I'm in the process of coordinating the firmware update with the end users and will keep you posted. In the event that I do need to raise a ticket with support, the MAC address for one of the phones in question is 64:16:7F:3A:5C:08.

HP Recommended

Hello @mpaterra 

our records show SCANSOURCE INC sold this phone back in 04/10/2018

Unfortunately, this is not the Skype 019 SKU but a normal openSIP 2200-48840-025.

Every phone within this organization would need proof of purchase of the separate Poly per device Skype license. We explain this:

Please be aware of the following when utilizing UCS 4.1.0 or later:

The use of Polycom UC Software versions 4.1.X (“Software”) requires the purchase of a separate Software license for every device that will use the Software in a LYNC / Skype for Business environment. You may not install, access, or use the Software in a LYNC / Skype for Business environment on more devices than are listed on your license until additional licenses have been purchased and authorized by Polycom. These licenses should be purchased from the same company from which you purchased the devices. You may operate devices against a LYNC / Skype for Business server for trial purposes for up to 30 days without purchasing a license. Use of the Software is subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement.

Polycom reserves the right to audit your deployment to verify that you have sufficient licenses to match the number of devices being used.

Information in regards of License Part Numbers can be found here

As the phone is out of warranty an additional PPI/Pay Per Incident fee would be charged once you provide proof of the above license.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Sorry for the delay, I have marked your answer as the solution since we were able to get the button working after a firmware update. It seems like there are still issues with voicemail playback with Cloud Voicemail, but this is across AudioCodes phones as well.

HP Recommended

Hello @mpaterra ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Did you ensure to purchase the additional Polycom per device license as outlined in my earlier post?

Without this for all of your phones who where purchased the same way you are not entitled to use Skype for Business.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.