Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Since upgrading our phones to the 5.3 code, we have had users reporting that they are getting missed call notifications when they aren't needed.  Doing some digging we have disabled that feature on the Exchange UM side, but the phones seem to keep sending them anyways.  This goes for true missed calls, but also accounts that are set to simul ring delegates and someone else answers.  We do not use BToE in this configuration, so the users are using full credential authentication on the phones.

Any ideas?  Can this feature be turned off in the configuration file?  I'm not seeing a way to do it, other than references to turning off the phone missed call counters.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello walstrd,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Certain features are hardcoded so it may be best to work with your Polycom reseller and raising a Polycom support ticket so we can work with you and understand what you are after.

This way we can either provide you with a workaround if possible or get you in contact with a Polycom sales engineer in your region to work on raising a feature request if required.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We are having the same issues. Were you able to determine how to correct this and stop those emails? There's definetetly a difference because instead of the notifications stating "Skype for Business" on the bottom of the email, it's states "Polycom".

HP Recommended

Hello kgornek,

I just tested this even using Office 365 and still the Inbox shows a missed call notification.

This is in my understanding a Microsoft feature and I would suggest to contact Microsoft support directly on this matter as we simply using the Microsoft 3PIP specification when we qualify our phones to be able to be used with LYNC / Skype for Business.

Any changes would have to be made on the Microsoft end.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

I was just having the exact same problem and have found that using feature.exchangeCallLog.enabled="0" has stopped this message appearing in the users exchange mailbox.

HP Recommended

Hello sbz93,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

All the above does is disable the syncing of call logs between the phone and the LYNC server and not really address the actual issue.

Have a look at this Microsoft Guide => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

The actual issue is the polycom phones seem to be using the exchange intergration to drop missed call notifications into the users mailbox even if the exchange side of it is turned off.

We have found that the missed call notifications sent via exchange UM leave email headers yet the ones signed off as "polycom" do not, anything going through exchange would have the headers but as the phone has direct access some how the phone just drops the notification into the user mailbox, whilst disabling the syncing of call logs between the phone and exchange arnt a great workaround it's the only way to stop the phone from dropping these missed call notifications into the users mailbox.

This isnt a microsoft exchange issue as even users without exchange UM are getting this and disabling the exchange side stops the messages coming through as skype for buisness.

My suggestion whilst not perfect is a valid workaround to these notifications however it would stop genuine missed call notifications generated by UM from also syncing.

HP Recommended

Hello sbz93,

I believe I dealt in person with you or your department so I contact you directly on this so we can investigate.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello All-

I'm experiencing the same problem. User gets missed call notification and it states "Polycom" at the bottom of the email. Have anyone found a solution?

Regards,

Jolie

HP Recommended

It's 2019 and we are still having this issue using the latest software configuration from Polycom on our various VVX phones (5.9.0.9373 and 6.0.0.4796)
All our users are getting missed call emails from Teams, depsite having the Teams missed call notifcation options turned off.  These missed call emails have no header info, and are not being sent through the Exchange server.  They are somehow coming directly from the Polycom phones.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.