Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX 5.4.1 disconnects call when user is transfered from Exchange Online UM

Hany
Occasional Visitor

VVX 5.4.1 disconnects call when user is transfered from Exchange Online UM

Hi everyone,

This problem can be replicated, and I have not been able to find a solution to it so far:

1. User calls UM voicemail from the VVX phone and is prompted to enter PIN.
  2. User presses "*" to access another user's voicemail
  3. User Dials the new extension of the user and presses "#"
  4. Call drops

When using a Skype for Business client, the process between 3 and 4 looks like a REFER is happening from the UM server back to itself with the new user's extension and the address to connect to. This works on the SfB Client; and the call is sucessful.

I have already run some traces and can not see any errors on the VVX side; while on the SfB side, the error is very misleading, as this is what I get:

ms-diagnostics: 1019;reason="Referred-By header parameters are not valid";ErrorType="The Referred-By user does not match the From user";Referrer="sy3pr01mb0057.ausprd01.prod.outlook.com";HRESULT="0xC3E93C81(SIPPROXY_E_REFERRER_DOMAIN_TYPE_INCOMPATIBLE)";domain="sy3pr01mb0057.ausprd01.prod.outlook.com";referrer-type="domain-type-none";source-type="domain-type-local";source="sip.contoso.com"
ms-split-domain-info: ms-traffic-type=SplitIntra

Does anyone have any ideas, or has had this issue before ?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX 5.4.1 disconnects call when user is transfered from Exchange Online UM

Hello Hany,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This does not sound like anything I heard before but in order to analyze this we would need you to open a case via your Polycom reseller with Polycom support.

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

The above explains this.

If you are using some kind of discounter not being able to provide support please provide me with your MAC address so I can look up the reseller for you to work with.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2