Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

The first time I installed the VVX500, it grabbed the DHCP information, disabled LLDP abd CDP downloaded from the FTP server and provisioned like a boss.  However, after I "Reset to factory" the phones always seem to hold on to some local settings.  How can I ensure that the phone fully resets? 

Instead I get some instances of "reverting to defaults" because of missing files?

What gives?

VVX500, UC 5.5.0, SfB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello KeithT,

again. If you decide to run 5.5.0 with S4B I am unable to try and help you. 5.4.4 is the latest supported version for S4B at present.

The below describes the provisioning methods aka Option 160 for non LYNC phones and 161 for LYNC / S4B SKU phones.

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Below explains the different Reset methods

Oct 10, 2011 Question: How can I reset / Factory default my Phones configuration?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

If you require support please work with your Polycom reseller as they are your Tier 1 support contact. In addition they can open a Polycom support ticket for you.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. In case this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello KeithT,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's Skype FAQ contains this post here:

Jun 15, 2016 Question:Can I use UC Software 5.5.0 for Lync or Skype for Business deployments?

Resolution:UC Software 5.5.0 has not been qualified by Microsoft to use in Lync or Skype for Business deployments. Polycom will not support UC Software 5.5.0 use in Lync or Skype for Business deployments.

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Please use a supported version.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.  I noticed that the behavior was the same, even when I used UC 5.3.0

I chose 5.3.0 because that's where the most documentation is found.  Since the 5.3.0 didn't fix THIS problem, I went back to 5.5.0

The question remains...  Why does the device still need to "reset web settings", why does the device NOT grab the new admin password from the FTP server after a "reset to factory" ?  Is there more to do after "reset to factory"?

VVX500, webcam, love the phone BTW.

HP Recommended

Hello KeithT,

again. If you decide to run 5.5.0 with S4B I am unable to try and help you. 5.4.4 is the latest supported version for S4B at present.

The below describes the provisioning methods aka Option 160 for non LYNC phones and 161 for LYNC / S4B SKU phones.

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Below explains the different Reset methods

Oct 10, 2011 Question: How can I reset / Factory default my Phones configuration?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

If you require support please work with your Polycom reseller as they are your Tier 1 support contact. In addition they can open a Polycom support ticket for you.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. In case this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.