Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

UC Software Version: 5.6.1.1740

BToE Version: 3.6.0.0

I am using the VVX 500 series phones to connect to Skype for Business through BToE. Normal voice calls work fine, but when I attempt to do a video call, the audio drops from the phone and switches to the PC speakers. It does not allow me to put the audio back onto the phone unless I manually call in or re-do the skype call.

Does BToE or the VVX 500 phones support Skype Video calls where the audio comes through the desk phone but the video comes through the PC?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

When a Skype call is elevated to video the VVX should enter PC Audio Mode automatically.  This will happen if the VVX is your audio device on the SfB Client.  Please verify the VVX is your audio device in the SfB audio device option (see below).

HP Recommended

Yes, VVX is the default audio device in sfb. Is it possible to prevent it from switching into PC audio mode automatically when elevating into a video call? The end goal is to have audio remain on the VVX phone but the video to show on the PC and use the camera connected to the PC.

HP Recommended

When a skype call is elevated to video the VVX must relinguish control to the SfB Client and enter PC Audio Mode.  If you have the VVX as the audio device in the SfB client, the audio should automatically play on the VVX in PC Audio Mode without any user intervention, while the video is on the SfB client.  If that is not happening a ticket would need to be opened with Polycom support to investigate further.

HP Recommended

I'll open a ticket with polycom support but I just wanted to add that whenever an audio call is elevated to a video call, the VVX phone displays "You have been replaced by another participant". That's when the VVX disconnects completely and the PC takes over. I'm curious to know if anyone else has a similar set up and actually has this working.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.