Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We recently began using VVX500 phones with Skype for Business Cloud PBX and they've been working great, but I have two at a site that reboot themselves a few times a day.  What's interesting is that it is looking like it might be doing this at the same times every day.  I'm still trying to gather enough information to know if that's actually the case, or just a coincidence.

I don't see anything in our networking equipment that shows the port going down, so I'm guessing that it's a soft boot of the phone rather than a POE issue.  Here are the logs I was able to gather from around the latest event, which was 9:59am MST today (December 21).

Values shown as [***Value***] are names that have been changed to protect the innocent.

We are not using any kind of provisioning server.

I appreciate anything anyone can do to help.  Please let me know if I can provide any additional info.  Thanks! 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello sbakerltg,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The phone is crashing and trying to upload its coredump which would give our developers an idea of the root cause:

1221165754|cfg |*|00|Core|Found core file core.750, uploading to the server
1221165900|cfg |3|00|Core|File-("enc.0004f2c23911-5.6.0.14237-core.750.tar.gz") will be encrypted 
1221165900|cfg |3|00|Core|Core dump encryption took 270 milli seconds

The phone 0004F2C23911 was purchased via SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS and is not a LYNC SKU so please ensure that you have proof of the per device LYNC license when you raise a support case via Scansource with Polycom support.

Please also ensure that you setup a provisioning server so the phone can upload the core dumps and any logs.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I don't believe that the Skype for Business Cloud PBX licensing model is on a per-device basis, but I can provide proof of a Skype for Business Cloud PBX license for the users on these phones.  Can you provide any additional information on the licensing?

I am getting a provisioning server set up now and will reply again when it's set up and I have a dump from the phone.

Thanks Steffen!

HP Recommended

Hello sbakerltg,

The per device license is mentioned in the VoIP FAQ here:

Dec 6, 2011 Question: What Phone Models support the LYNC 2010, LYNC 2013, Microsoft Office365 and Skype for Business Online?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Or if you download the software:

1) The use of Polycom UC Software versions 5.4.0 Rev A requires an individual license per device which can be used with Microsoft Skype for Business and Microsoft Lync environments. You may not install, access, or use unauthorized software, additional licenses can be purchased from the company in which you bought your device. You may operate devices against a Lync or Skype for Business server for trial purposes for up to 30 days without purchasing a license Polycom reserves the right to audit your deployment to verify that you have sufficient licenses to match the number of devices being used.

and is for the Phone itself.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

OK great, I had missed that when I was getting these set up.  It's only been 10 days since we deployed these phones, so I'll get licenses ordered through a vendor as soon as I can.

In the meantime, I'm working on a provisioning server.  When I have the dump files from the phone, is it best for me to upload those here or just open a case with Polycom Support?

HP Recommended
Did you ever get this resolved. We just opened s case with support and curious if related.
HP Recommended

Hello JRFoster,

ca you share the Polycom ticket reference so I can link this ?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended
I haven't received a response from our reseller on the ticket number. The request was opened on Friday under Unified Communications for MAC Address 0004f2c52613
HP Recommended

Hello jrfoster,

it should be 1-1961914821. Please ensure if your phone is uploading any core dumps to supply these to the support team.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended
That's the weird thing. We utilize eventzero as our provisioning service and there was no core dump file to read.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.