Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We just enabled Modern Authentication in our on-premise environment. We have people homed in many different ways:

- I know that Skype on-prem (with MA) + Exchange on-prem (with MA) works and EWS is deployed successfully ✔️
- I know that Skype Online (Microsoft Phone System with MA) + Exchange Online (with MA) works and EWS is deployed successfully ✔️
- I know that Skype on-prem (with MA) + Exchange Online (with MA) works but not with EWS deployed 🚫

I need to know if we can have users that are homed Skype on-prem (with MA) + Exchange Online (with MA) with working EWS deployments.

I'm not getting the answers from our ScanSource ticket - and the Polycom folks keep closing my ticket saying to talk to ScanSource.

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello @phake ,

I already replied => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

K, thanks. The Polycom ticket is: Service Request: 1-12315008311

The ScanSource ticket is: 00082166:

"....do not support mixed Exchange deployments and that you will need to complete your migration to Exchange Online before EWS will work on all phones."

ScanSource says I have to move everyone to Exchange Online, but that makes zero sense to me. That would mean we'd have 500 people with EWS not working instead of the select pilot group.

There's nothing magical that will happen when everyone in the org is moved over to Exchange Online, and it makes me think they have no clue how hybrid environments work. We can clearly change the EWS from Settings -> Application -> Exchange Applications -> Exchange Server and currently do that in our environment. 

We've had a working deployed EWS of Skype on-prem (no MA) + Exchange Online (with MA) for quite some time with the EWS URL of: "https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx". It's only when I enabled MA on Skype on-prem servers that we're seeing errors. 

HP Recommended

Hello @phake ,

I followed this up internally and ScanSource needs to escalate this into Poly Support.

Please upload these Logs to ScanSource:

• Settings > Logging > Global Settings > Global Log Level Limit > Debug
  • Settings > Logging > Global Settings > Global Log Level Limit > Log File Size (Kbytes) > VVX 1000
  • Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > Auth Service > Event 2
  • Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > NI Service > Event 2
  • Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > CURL > Debug
  • Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > Exchange Client > Event 2
  • Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > SIP > Debug

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen!

Thanks for following up. I gave ScanSource the Exchange on-prem + Skype on-prem details internally, as well as the app.log and PBU files.

HP Recommended

Hello @phake 

let me know the SR so I can route this correctly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

K - no word on a new Poly ticket yet from ScanSource.

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK Still waiting on Polycom. ScanSource says we need to wait for them to confirm whether our deployment is supported.

Is our deployment supported? EWS works between Skype app + Outlook perfectly fine for our transitional users. 

Seems to me, if Microsoft wants people in Exchange Online and Phone System, they support moving people from one environment to another.

HP Recommended

Hello @phake ,

As stated I did internally check this with @jschertz and according to this communication, it should be supported.

Please provide the Poly ticket reference so I can speed up the escalation.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Phew, very cool. @jschertz is our hero - his blog posts have saved our lives in the past. Looking forward to ScanSource moving the ticket along to Polycom. I'll check again today.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.