Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a VVX 600 phone that is stuck in a loop. I cannot break out of it. Reading through discussions, and web searches, I see that I should be able to do 1, 5, and 3 to reset back to default. It tries and then says "Error, application is not present". Going thorugh the help files that have been posted I do not see a way to resolve this issue.

I cannot log into the phone with a web browser, so that is not an option. It continues to restart even after trying to force roll back to factory reset. Is there a guide to help reset the phone. I know I have at least two other 600 phones that are in this same boat where they continue to restart and probably another 4 or 5 410 models doing the same thing. In all cases, we tried to update to a updated firmware by going through the web interface of the phone, it fails, and then it is stuck in a permnant reboot loop.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

John

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @havertyj,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Sep 27, 2012 QuestionI get the message “Error application not present / found” on my phones screen

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Not knowing anything about your setup please check the above and simply setup a local server to provision the phones from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you! No luck! This is the same information I had gone through after reviewing others with similar issues. I stil lhave a phone that will not start. I cannot access it from a web browser and nothing on the screen to get it started. It has been added to batch of phones that we are not able to do anything with currently. Are there any other steps on how to do this process?

Thank you!

John

HP Recommended

Hello @havertyj,

as outlined in the supplied FAQ post there is no access to the Web Interface as the application is deleted and therefore you need to interrupt the failing boot process and point to a local server.

I am unsure how your units got into this state and the next step, if the above is not applicable to you, is to raise a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

Thank you for the reply. I have tried going through the steps and not having any luck. Are there are any other step-by-step guides or something to follow to do this process to restore a phone?

John

HP Recommended

Hello @havertyj,

You have not provided any details or errors you have encountered so there is not a lot we can advise.

How about you record a video of what you are doing so we can point you where you are going wrong?

The next step would be to open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.