Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have a VVX 600 phone running software version 5.7.0.11768. It will randomly stop calling certain users. These users will be available in skype but will go straight to voicemail anyways. When I try to call the same user using the skype client on a different computer the call goes through perfectly. I am logged into the samer user as the phone is.

Rebooting the phone seems to fix the issue temporarily but the issue will return with a different user.

Here are the logs when trying to call an affected user:

0228093715|cfg  |5|00|Prm|Parameter lync.qos.dscpVoice requested type 2 but is of type 0
0228093715|sip  |5|00|we are in the voicemail call.....
0228093716|sip  |5|00|we are in the voicemail call.....
0228093716|sip  |5|00|we are in the voicemail call.....
0228093716|so   |4|00|soStreamAddrSet DestIP: Ignoring for ICE
0228093716|so   |4|00|soStreamAddrSet DestIP: Ignoring for ICE
0228093718|so   |4|00|soStreamAddrSet DestIP: Ignoring for ICE
0228093718|ec   |4|00|CEcLayoutMgr::onNewDocument Phone Busy with call = 1 
0228093720|ec   |4|00|CEcLayoutMgr::onNewDocument Phone Busy with call = 0 
0228093724|proxy|2|00|Request(-1)proxy,(1002)ReqQuery,(-1),(-1),(Expiry,TransactionId,Time,Type):(-1,-1,1519835844,0)IndicationLevel:(200)
0228093724|proxy|2|00|CProxyService:: Received Request on Proxy Service
0228093724|proxy|2|00|CProxyService:: Forwarding Request to nisvc, TransactionID[1842574444]
0228093724|nisvc|2|00|Request(-1)nisvc,(889)NIResolveReqMsgKey,(-1)proxy,(1001)AuthRsp,(Expiry,TransactionId,Time,Type):(30000,1842574444,1519835844,0)IndicationLevel:(200)
0228093724|proxy|3|00|proxy's Ticked,Reason(Internal),Count/Size(1/1),Stop? (No)
0228093724|proxy|3|00|proxy's Timer,Running(0),Start(30000)
0228093724|proxy|2|00|Proxy Saved Req: xnid(1842574444),id(0x213d538),expiry(30000)
0228093724|nisvc|2|00|PacA:PacContent:Src,Status,Contentlen,Expiry = WPADKey(,0x4),400,0,(0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0)ProxyData:UserName Valid,Password Invalid,nAddrs:0
Type/Address:

0228093724|nisvc|2|00|Invoker's nCommands,CurrentKey:2,(103)ProxyResolve
0228093724|nisvc|2|00|PacF:PacContent:Src,Status,Contentlen,Expiry = WPADKey(,0x4),400,0,(0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0)ProxyData:UserName Invalid,Password Invalid,nAddrs:0
Type/Address:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @MRA_Zack,

If this happens could it be the last call to this user was to the Voice Mail?

Is this some kind of receptionist pressing a Favorite ?

If yes then this was initially working as designed as we usually "remember" the last dialed action.

I believe we are addressing this in the next 5.7.1 release via EN-63697 but this depends on you to verify how this happens.

You can work around this by pressing the Favorite key a longer period until a choice appears and you dial the contact directly or reboot the phone.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @MRA_Zack,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Unfortunately your log shows nothing.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

or the S4B FAQ

Jan 17, 2017 Question:How can I troubleshoot simple Skype for Business, LYNC or Office365 issues?

Resolution: Have a look => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

What do you mean shows nothing, like doesnt have any relevant info?

I cleared all logs and then made a call to the user and these are the logs that showed up.

HP Recommended

Hello @MRA_Zack,

The standard logging levels are not sufficient to troubleshoot this issue and need to be amended.

The above quoted FAQ holds information on how to do this.

If you struggle with this and nobody within the community tries and helps you the next step would be a support ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

It happened again and I was able to get more logs. Hopefully they are relevant. If not let me know exactly what type of log you would like me to enable/set.

HP Recommended

Hello @MRA_Zack,

If this happens could it be the last call to this user was to the Voice Mail?

Is this some kind of receptionist pressing a Favorite ?

If yes then this was initially working as designed as we usually "remember" the last dialed action.

I believe we are addressing this in the next 5.7.1 release via EN-63697 but this depends on you to verify how this happens.

You can work around this by pressing the Favorite key a longer period until a choice appears and you dial the contact directly or reboot the phone.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Oh wow yes. That is exactly what is happening then because they are selecting from favorites. With the update that is coming out will there be a way to disable the "remember" feature?

HP Recommended

Hello @MRA_Zack,

The change in the yet unreleased software will prevent that this will be stored automatically for any calls to the voice mail.

The rest of the feature is untouched.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.