Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

our Setup:

- Skype for Business Server

- Call Park

- Group Call Pickup (This feature allows a user to take a call ringing on a phone of an employee by dialing a call pickup group number. This functionality is based on the application of call park.)

- Polycom VVX 400 and Polycom VVX 500

We ware experiencing the following issue:

User A is member of a call pickup orbit with number *600. User B signs in at skype for business on polycom vvx 400 or 500. User B calls user A. User B's Polycom phone displays “Call Park Service” instead of user A's display name while ringing.

- no difference with the issue with different call park orbit numbers (with and without *, #)

- no difference with the issue if users sign in on polycom by extension + pin, with credentials or with better together

- same with polycom software 5.5.0.20556 and 5.5.1.12442

- if user A signs in on other polycom phone or with iOS skype for business app the polycom phone of user B displays the correct display name of user A when calling him

- if User A is signed in on skype for business soft client only or not signed in at all the issue still persists ("Call Park Service" is shown)

I found a similar problem but without a resolution on http://documents.polycom.com/topics/139386:

Category: Lync
Issue No.: VOIP-88313
Release: UCS 5.0.1
Description: In a Lync BToE and Call Park scenario, the phone displays “Call Park Service” instead of the parked caller’s name when a call is made from a CX300 or Lync client to a BToE-connected phone. The Lync client answers the call and parks it.
Workaround: No workaround is currently available.

I don't know from where the phone is getting the display name but something might be wrong in this process. Can someone confirm this behavior? Is there a soltuion for this?

Greeting

Michael

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello Michael,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This needs to come into support.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please also provide us at the same time with some test accounts.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

Polycom VVX: 50064167FA0F334

I'm looking forware for the info who is our Polycom reseller.

Greetings

HP Recommended

Hello ,

The VVX 500 was sold via ALSO Deutschland GmbH back in 08/09/2016

Please bear in mind that the VVX500 you are utilizing with LYNC / Skype for Business is not a -018 or -019 SKU and therefore you require to purchase a Polycom per device License as explained => here <=

Please be aware that all the phones you are utilizing have the relevant license and please provide proof of this when opening a ticket

Polycom reserves the right to audit your deployment to verify that you have sufficient licenses to match the number of devices being used.

5150-49252-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE IND PHONE
5150-49253-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (5 UNITS)
5150-49254-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (10 UNITS)
5150-49255-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (100 UNITS)
5150-49256-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (1000 UNITS)
5150-49257-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (10000 UNITS)

If you already have valid licenses please disregard this message.

If you do not have I need to ask you to purchase these prior to opening a ticket as this will be checked.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

thanks for the information.

We ordered another 35 VVX 501 with the relevant licenses (Skype for Business). The problem still persists.

Polycom VVX 501: 64167F11737C

Can you please tell me the Polycom reseller of our new phones?

Greetings

HP Recommended

Hello Michael,

These have been sold via the WESTCON GROUP EUROPEAN OPERATIONS LTD

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. I will let the community know if i have a solution.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with displaying  "Call Park Service" instead of the user name... Have you got this resolved?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello Hello Nikolay,,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

A couple of your old posts => here <= are still open / pending as you have not marked these as "Accept as a solution" or at least provided some form of feedback or answer.

If they are in this state nobody finding them via a community search will know if an answer or advice provided was useful and has maybe helped you.

You could also add a Polycom Service Number as some of them referred you to open a ticket.

Could you therefore kindly go over them and mark or answer as appropriate ?

If they are marked as "Accept as a solution" other users can find these easier and it helps them to utilize the community more efficiently. 

In addition you did not post your Software Version either as requested in the Read Me First.

To answer all of you who posted we finally got a ticket into support so we where able to replicate this (1-7279469386 / VESC-8017 / VOIP-114265)

Basically we receive the p-asserted identity and therefore display "Call Park Service".

You would really need to open a Ticket with our partner Microsoft on this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello all,

we already explained why we are behaving like this and a workaround can be the following:

<woraround voIpProt.SIP.CID.response.sourceSipMessage="200" />

Explanation:

Setting the config parameter voIpProt.SIP.CID.response.sourceSipMessage="200" will mean that the calling phones will not update their Called-Party-ID information until a 200 OK response code was received. This eliminates the "Call Park Service" message, but also eliminates the phones presenting any Called-Party-ID from the network until the call is answered. (ie, there would be no CPID in the proceeding state)

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.