Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

After recently upgrading from UCS 5.2 to 5.4 we noticed something different in how Skype for Business "Favorites" are displayed on the VVX.  For users outside of the organization (external contacts who dont have lync or skype for business) is the main difference.  The complaint is that after the upgrade the display name on the vvx buttons is different.  Here's the process  Before we used to see the Name but now we see part of the email address or phone number.  

Go into Outlook -> Contacts.  Create a contact that doesnt have Lync or Skype for Business.  In this example i create a contact for a user named Joe Montana. I create a contact in outlook with his name and home phone number, and email address that's it.  I go over to My Lync client, and I search for his name and right click add to favorites.  It immediately appears on my vvx but all I see on the button is jmontana with presence unknown.  the desire is to see Joe Montana or however many characters will fit, not the email address.

In another test, we create a new contact with just a name and phone number for a user named Jerry Rice.  Phone number is 2621234449.  When i add Jerry Rice to favorites in my Lync client, all we see is Jerry's phone number, again no name.

Is there a parameter in my configuration where I can control what is displayed on the VVX for favorites? We would like the name field displayed on the VVX display.  Not the phone number, not the email address.

I searched the the 5.4 UG and didnt see anything in there. Screenshots attached.

Thanks

-Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I updated to 5.4.5.6770 and it is not working on that build either.  I will open a ticket.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I have the same problem.

The problem with SfB is that there are so many features and things you can do with it along with different vendors involved so things like this get overlooked or take a long time to be dealt with.

HP Recommended

Yep, we're also having this problem too. I raised a service ticket with Polycom regarding it. They provided a few work arounds but none that make it easy for end users to apply. I was told by Polycom that it's an issue at Microsofts end. It's certainly a frustrating issue and we've been reciving some pretty bad feedback from our executive users around this one.

I guess we just have to wait and see....

HP Recommended

And I bet Microsoft is pointing fingers at Polycom....

HP Recommended

Hello all,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please always post the complete build number and not just 5.2. or 5.4

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Before: 5.2.0.8330

After: 5.4.4.2473

HP Recommended

Hello medlhuber,

Please try 5.4.5 and after this if it still fails open a support ticket.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I updated to 5.4.5.6770 and it is not working on that build either.  I will open a ticket.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.