Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Is there any sophisticated way to reset a lock code if a user forgot it?

Initial thought is to either reset the phone or sign the user out from the web UI.

VVX 5.9 FW

Signed into Teams using 3PIP Gateway

Thanks

Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Sean_Stanley66 ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

From our Skype FAQ here:

Jun 02, 2016 Question:How can I disable the Skype for Business lock Policies for Poly phones?

Resolution: Please check => here <= 

If you import the Disable the Lock CFG the Lock will be disabled. You can then change the CFG and re-enable the Lock so the user gets prompted to enter a new Lock code:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- Disable the Lync / Skype Server Phone Lock functionality -->
<changes>
<test  feature.deviceLock.enable="1" />
</changes>

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Sean_Stanley66 ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

From our Skype FAQ here:

Jun 02, 2016 Question:How can I disable the Skype for Business lock Policies for Poly phones?

Resolution: Please check => here <= 

If you import the Disable the Lock CFG the Lock will be disabled. You can then change the CFG and re-enable the Lock so the user gets prompted to enter a new Lock code:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- Disable the Lync / Skype Server Phone Lock functionality -->
<changes>
<test  feature.deviceLock.enable="1" />
</changes>

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you Steffen.

I'll try it out.  We are dealing with the fact that we disable device lock and provisioning from SfB online/Teams turns it back on.  In this case though I think this will work to resolve our immediate issue.

Thanks again

Sean

HP Recommended

Hello @Sean_Stanley66 

unsure if you know this already but I personally would always prevent Skype for Business changing anything:

Jul 31, 2017 Question: How can I prevent a Poly VVX Phone or a Poly Trio to accept some settings automatically via Skype for Business and/or Office365?

Resolution: Please check this post => here <=

Including the Logging:

If unable to do so please download the attached Skype_server_log_setting_enabled_OFf.zip file, Unzip the file and import via the Web Interface Utilities > Import & Export Configuration > Import Configuration

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thanks, this is actually what I've been looking for.

Still trying to figure out the e911 emergency services and why it get provisioned to "disabled"

HP Recommended

To prevent the Teams 3PIP Gateway from enforcing a lock code on your devices, use the Set-CsUcPhoneConfiguration command from the Teams PowerShell module to disable it, e.g.

Install-Module MicrosoftTeams     # if you don't have the module installed already 
                                  # requires an elevated PS session, i.e. "Run as admin"
Import-Module MicrosoftTeams 
Import-PSSession(New-CSOnlineSession)
Get-CsUcPhoneConfiguration        # confirm that EnforcePhoneLock is currently true
Set-CsUcPhoneConfiguration -EnforcePhoneLock $false
Get-CsUcPhoneConfiguration        # confirm that EnforcePhoneLock has changed to false

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.