Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

5.9.0 is out, I'll give it a go.

I am testing this release on a few non-production phones and I am finding that sign in to the Skype for Business Online servers is failing to complete. 

I have upgraded from BToE 5.8.0 to 5.9.0.

I am pairing with PC and the login process is the same as previous versions, however, my sign in is getting stuck at Fetching User Certificate. 

BToE 5.9.0

This issue wasn't present when I was on BToE 5.8.0 and UC 5.8.2.4732. 

Has anyone else had time to pull this version down and test? 

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Rolled back to BToE 5.8.0 and UC 5.8.2.4732 and phone is functioning correctly again. 

HP Recommended

Same here, what else is new... And Polycom won’t help, they will just reprimand me for even saying this on their community site, point fingers and post links to unrelated KB articles. Same old Polycom bugs on bugs on bugs and little to no support.

HP Recommended

I know that we're getting close to the holiday season, so I don't know what can be done in the next few weeks about a fix.  

I have reached out to my local SE to give him a heads up on the issues seen after the upgrade. 

I'll see what assistance he can provide, or at least let their internal people know that there are issues with customer installs from 5.8 to 5.9.

HP Recommended

Hello all,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

We cannot open any customer issue simply by posting here as in detail explained here:

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

As nobody of you has even attached a log to luck at there isn't much we can do there either.

Please get this into our official support organisation.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

Logs for analysis have been attached. 

This tar file was downloaded directly from the WebUI on the phone when running 5.9. 

Remove the tgz extension. 

HP Recommended

Hello all,

this may be an issue on the Office 365 end.

Microsoft is checking the User Agent of the device trying to register and it does not have the details to process UC Software 5.9.0

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen, 

That configuration parameter has fixed the issue. 

Can you explain what this item does and how it resolved the issue? 

HP Recommended

Can you kindly share which parameter? I dont see it in the public thread here.

HP Recommended

<removed by a Moderator>

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.