Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have two questions regarding VVX phones configuration:

1) I have set up my provisioning folders in order to have subdirectories for each software release (this allow me to choose the software release easily from the configuration file), for example I have the following:

Root

|---- Softwares

|        |---- VVXLocalization

|        |---- 3111-44500-001.sip.ld

|

|---- VVXLocalization

|---- 3111-44500-001.sip.ld

My 000000000000.cfg is configured to use one of the subfolders' application files : APP_FILE_PATH="/Softwares/5.4.0/sip.ld"

This works fine for upgrading/downgrading, however my phone is still trying to load the localization files from root folder (/VVXLocalization), is there a way to force the VVX to use the same VVXLocalization as the one in the "APP_FILE_PATH" ? (for example "/Softwares/5.4.4/VVXLocalization")

2) My second question is regarding softkeys and macros: is there a way to bring up the onscreen keyboard from the VVX500/600 using a macro ? My goal would be to have a macro which does the following : Open "Directories", Press keypad 2 (for Lync Search), bring up the onscreen keyboard. This way the users have a "one-touch softkey" to bring up the search with the onscreen keypad. Currently the only piece missing in this macro is the onscreen keyboard.

Thank you for the help.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Mickael BREST

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

For your first question I believe this is working as designed and has always looked at the root directory. A change to that would require a feature request.

For your second question the EFK can simulate most steps that you do manually on the phone. Have a look at Option 8 in this FAQ post here:

Nov 25, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of a softkey button / use EFK?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

You would need to check if using the OK key would then bring up the Keyboard.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for your answers.

This is what I thought regarding the first issue, this means that we can't proceed with the idea of having subfolders with every software versions and a unique VVXLocalization (as even a newer VVXLocalization won't work properly for older software releases).

For my issue, I didn't find any "OK" function in the admin guide, would you have the name of this function ?

Regards,

HP Recommended

Hi Mickael BREST,

try the select function.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

Unfortunatelly the "Select" function didn't do the trick, seems like there's no way of bringing the onscreen keyboard by default.

Question regarding to user search, since 5.4.X, there is a new search function which uses keypad numbers to search for users in the directory, and this is the default search method, is there a way to bring the classic "Abc" search as default as it was previously ?

Thank you for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.