Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I recently upgraded several VVX101's to 5.5.2.8571.  It was in the drop-down list in the WebUI, so I assume it's supported.  

None of these upgraded phones have the ability to sign in using the Extension and PIN.  All of them could do this before the upgrade.  They see the RootCA certificate, they pull an IP address, I can get to the WebUI... and YES, DHCP is set up properly (otherwise, how would I have been signing in with Extension and PIN this entire time?)

So now, any version after 5.4.1 will not provide a way to sign in.  Everthing afterwards removes the "SnIn" or "SIn" buttons.  The boxes to sign in via the webui are greyed out at one of our locations and they are simply disabled everywhere else in the company.  Luckily, we've just been testing these before the rollout.

We use these phones for Common Area Phones and BToE is not an option (literally). 

This is not a one-off issue.  It's all VX101's in our environment.  I assume 201's will be the same way, but I have not tried them yet. I will also note that our bread-and-butter VVX 410/411 devices upgraded fine and work like a charm.

Has anyone else seen this?  I realize I will get the standard "Set up DHCP" or "check the FAQ" answers, but DHCP is already set up, and the FAQ doesn't begin to cover this. 

Thanks,

(For reference:  3111-40250-001 Rev:A) 

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello UC Matt,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

You do mention the FAQ but you are not utilizing it to post some sort of log for us professionals to look at.

Your next step is to open a support ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

What is the point of a forum, if you have to submit a ticket for an answer anyway? 

HP Recommended

Hello UC Matt,

its all in my signature. Please take some time to read it.

• You have a Problem with any software later then 5.4.1
  • Nothing has changed in your setup and other phones work according to you
  • This is a unique setup and situation as it only affects one model of phone
  • Only Polycom can fix this if this is a phone / software issue
  • In order for Polycom to fix this you need to open a ticket

or

Post some logs so someone can look at it and hope they have an idea or suggestion

I simply replied with the most efficient and quickest way and again the community is not a replacement for our support infrastructure.

If using the correct SKU and being in Warranty I do not see an issue for an organisation like the one you work for to open a ticket.

If out of warranty and/or not using the correct SKU you need to pay PPI / Pay Per Incident and may purchase the relevant licenses.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello UC Matt,

Have you got any more feedback for us?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I put in a ticket request. 

"The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other. "

That was my original intent, until being told to put in a ticket and that "accoding to [me]" nothing changed in my environment, implying I don't know my own environment. 

HP Recommended

Hello UC Matt,

I am unsure why you are being so uncooperative.

You did purposely mention the FAQ post's implying you know what you are doing but you failed to post any kind of logs or any details.

Once confronted with the lack of these and reminded that the quickest way to sort out your issue would be a support ticket you complained about this.

I am not aware if you fully understand that this is the official Polycom support community but yet again not posting any kind of Polycom reference i.e. a Ticket Number or any other details makes it hard to help you.

You provided the facts that nothing has changed in your environment and you decided by not posting any logs that nobody else within this community including Polycom employees can help you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

It was not my intent to be uncooperative and I apologize, however I feel the answers I recieved were a bit insulting and dismissive. 

Unfortunately, since the ticket I put in recieved an auto-generated reply, I will post the log here as suggested. 

I've included the 101 and the 201 with the same firmware version.  The 101 does not work, but the 201 does everything perfectly.  The 101 is exactly representative of every 101 we've tested.  We've updated 410's, 411's, 500's, and 600's.  All work as before. 

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Hello Matt,

It was never my intend to be insulting or dismissive but your original post stated that the FAQ, which I have written most of them, does not cover this.

Looking at the first FAQ post in the Skype for Business section it states:

Dec 6, 2011 Question: What Phone Models support the LYNC 2010, LYNC 2013, Microsoft Office365 and Skype for Business Online?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Double checking the above, as I assumed you would be aware, does NOT state the VVX101 as a supported phone. Why it did work I am unsure but even the Data sheet does not mention LYNC or Skype.

Your VVX201 instead is mentioned in the above and in the datasheet.

The next issue at hand is the fact that the serial you posted for the VVX201 is not a Skype for Business SKU so you need to ensure when using this and other phones that you have the relevant licenses at hand as explained in the FAQ.

Each and every phone that is not a -018 or -019 SKU needs this license for you to legally use these phones with Skype for Business / LYNC.

Please ensure that you purchase the relevant licenses if not already done so.

In addition I did ask you for a MAC as Polycom does not support End Customers directly (without a contract) and the reason for asking was so you can work with the reseller who originally received these phones from us.

The automated Email you mentioned most likely told you the same and asked you to work with Scansource and/or come to the community for free support.

To conclude this response you are simply using an unsupported hardware.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Well that's a very interesting development.  The sales person I used to work wtih told me to use the 101's for the most basic common area phones.  The vendor we use for all our phones never mentioned the 101's losing support.  They very clearly have the option to use Skype For Business in the WebUI, but it's greyed out.  I never thought to check if they'd be supported, since they are Polycom and are the front-runner hardware for Skype For Business.  On top of that, they did actually work before.

Here's hoping our other locations can get RMA's from their vendors. 

Thanks for your help. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.