Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have Polycom VVX300 phones at our office which login to Teams using the Web Sign In method. Because our staff are now working from home due to Coronavirus, the phones are not getting used and some users going to the office are reporting that they are logged out of the phones and are prompted to login in order to use them. Is this logout due to a MS authentication token expiring?  Or a config setting on the phone itself?  Any help would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @VVX300user ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Please let me correct you on the terminology used. The VVX cannot log into Teams. You are using Skype for Business online most likely. Only our new CCX 400, 500 and 600 phones >here< can be used with Teams natively.

There is no setting on the phone which would cause it to log out after a certain time of inactivity (other than a Guest Signing) so the issue must be on the Microsoft end with some expiry.

In order to help you to troubleshoot this we can offer the following FAQ article:

Jan 17, 2017 Question: How can I troubleshoot simple Skype for Business, Office365 or Teams issues?

Resolution: Have a look => here <=

Please ensure as well that you post the currently used software version.

Volunteers can try and help you once you post some useful information for us but if you seek official support a service ticket is required.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Any update about this? We are currently using VVX 311/411 and logged-in in MS Teams and have the same behavior.

HP Recommended

Hello @Scup ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

The post you replied to is nearly 1 year old and never received any feedback from the original poster.

You have not checked the reply to it and did not provide details on your own issue as to what software your phones are running as an example.

How often does your issue occur? Are these CAP accounts?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Software Version 5.9.6.2327 is running on both models.

We just migrated to teams and moved some of the CAP accounts to teams and also teams users are using the VVX phone through Web-Sign In.

I got reports for several deskphones which probably are not actively being used, so this might be a time-out or some kind of idle action.

Is there a way to prevent this?

HP Recommended

Hello @Scup ,

As outlined to the original poster there is no setting to provoke or trigger this. The phone will stay registered indefinitely until an error occurs causing the phone to log out.

What is the frequency of the issue?

In my day job, I dealt with an organization where the phones would sign out every 8 hours or so based on some policy regarding Exchange. As they had been using CAP accounts exchange was not really needed on the phone so we disabled it.

Simply copy and paste the below into a text file and save it using the .cfg ending and import via the Web Interface.

<exchange feature.EWSAutodiscover.enabled="0"
	feature.exchangeCalendar.enabled="0"
	feature.exchangeCallLog.enabled="0"
	feature.exchangeContacts.enabled="0"
	feature.exchangeVoiceMail.enabled="0" />

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hello @CosmoDenger ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Both the communities Must Read First and the FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow-up post should contain. The FAQ especially covers many questions which already have been answered already and therefore should be consulted prior to posting.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow-up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

You replied to a post covering Poly VVX Phones. These do not run the native Teams application. Is this a question around VVX phones being used with our Partner Microsoft 3PIP gateway?

If yes please provide as many details as you can or work with our support organization directly.

If this is about Poly CCX Phones running our partner Microsoft native Teams application we already have a way of signing these in remotely. If you have a provisioning server (and use the screen capture facility via configuration files) and know the IP of the phone in question simply factory default the unit and wait 2-3 minutes until it is back up. Then use the remote screen capture facility to read the code and enter this in a browser.

Anything else is completely out of scope for Poly or any other vendor and you need to work with Microsoft.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.