Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Our VVX310's are running Dropbear Vulnerabilities is there a way to disable SSH in our provisioning server? We are on firmware 5.5.1.11526

Scan Information

Start time:

Thu Mar 23 10:16:53 2017

End time:

Thu Mar 23 10:17:24 2017

Host Information

IP:

Results Summary

Critical

High

Medium

Low

Info

Total

Results Details 22/tcp  

93650 - Dropbear SSH Server < 2016.72 Multiple Vulnerabilities

[-/+]

Synopsis

The SSH service running on the remote host is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.

Description

According to its self-reported version in its banner, Dropbear SSH running on the remote host is prior to 2016.74. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :

- A format string flaw exists due to improper handling of string format specifiers (e.g., %s and %x) in usernames and host arguments. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit this to execute arbitrary code with root privileges. (CVE-2016-7406)

- A flaw exists in dropbearconvert due to improper handling of specially crafted OpenSSH key files. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit this to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2016-7407)

- A flaw exists in dbclient when handling the -m or -c arguments in scripts. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit this, via a specially crafted script, to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2016-7408)

- A flaw exists in dbclient or dropbear server if they are compiled with the DEBUG_TRACE option and then run using the -v switch. A local attacker can exploit this to disclose process memory. (CVE-2016-7409)

See Also

https://matt.ucc.asn.au/dropbear/CHANGES

Solution

Upgrade to Dropbear SSH version 2016.74 or later.

Risk Factor

Critical

CVSS v3.0 Base Score

10.0 (CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H)

CVSS v3.0 Temporal Score

8.7 (CVSS:3.0/E:U/RL:O/RC:C)

CVSS Base Score

10.0 (CVSS2#AV:N/AC:L/Au:N/C:C/I:C/A:C)

CVSS Temporal Score

7.4 (CVSS2#E:U/RL:OF/RC:C)

References

BID

BID

BID

BID

CVE

CVE-2016-7406

CVE

CVE-2016-7407

CVE

CVE-2016-7408

CVE

CVE-2016-7409

XREF

OSVDB:142291

XREF

OSVDB:142292

XREF

OSVDB:142293

XREF

OSVDB:142294

Plugin Information:

Publication date: 2016/09/22, Modification date: 2016/12/06

Ports tcp/22

Version source : SSH-2.0-dropbear_0.51
Installed version : 0.51
Fixed version : 2016.74

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello technicholas,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

I believe we are already looking into this and will correct this in a future version.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Anyone know the latest version suportted on VVX-300s without the vunerability? 

HP Recommended

Hello ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

UC Software 5.4.6 is later than 5.5.1 but I assume only later releases will have this fix. I suggest to check the release notes.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.