Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX450: Outlook Contacts with Skype 4 Business and Outlook are shown incorrectly on the Screen

Mr.Anderson
Occasional Visitor

VVX450: Outlook Contacts with Skype 4 Business and Outlook are shown incorrectly on the Screen

You don't happen to have in mind how I can assign speed dials to the VVX450 keys? Sounds relatively simple, but has been an odyssey for several hours - storing personal contacts from Outlook so that they are displayed with names (and not just the number). In principle, we display the Skype favorites list, where the contacts are also displayed correctly with names, but then the phone writes them as a number on the speed dial list.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Mr.Anderson
Occasional Visitor

Re: VVX450: Outlook Contacts with Skype 4 Business and Outlook are shown incorrectly on the Screen

No one? :(
Message 2 of 5
rgsteele
Valued Contributor

Re: VVX450: Outlook Contacts with Skype 4 Business and Outlook are shown incorrectly on the Screen

To make sure I understand correctly: you're adding phone numbers to your Favorites list in Skype for Business, but it is showing up on the screen of the phone as the phone number instead of the name, even though you have the contact with the name and number in Outlook?

Is the phone successfully syncing the contacts from Exchange? (In the web interface of the phone, navigate to Diagnostics > Skype for Business Status > Exchange Client.)

Message 3 of 5
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @rgsteele  and @Mr.Anderson ,

A sales colleague reached out to @Mr.Anderson  already and the user, in this case, is using Extension & Pin and this excludes Exchange) so therefore Outlook cannot fully sync the contact.

Check if this Entry also has an Email in Outlook as this affects how we display the contact.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 5
Mr.Anderson
Occasional Visitor

Hello @StefenBaierUK , this unfortunately happens when using e.g. BTOE to connect, too. Exchange Status is up though, still does not work. E.G: The Outlook Contact does not have Skype for Business, so he is shown in your Skype Client with a Question mark and Status "unknown". You can call him directly from your Skype 4 Business Client - as the phone number is entered in his Outlook Card, but not from the Display Button on your phone.
Message 5 of 5