Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Mgriffith,

Can you share the Microsoft reference ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Same problem here with the never ending "Contacts: Synchronizing" message on VVX501s and 601s with SfB Cloud PBX & Office 365.  Can't purchase & deploy these handsets until this issue is resolved, so will keep a close eye on this thread.  Please update if a fix/workaround is identified by Microsoft or Polycom.

HP Recommended

My Microsoft case number is SRX617022692958025ID. So far they have asked me a few questions and asked for the log files from my phone but have not given me anything to try to resolve the issue. I haven't heard back from them since Tuesday. 

HP Recommended

+1, filing an MS incident as well.

HP Recommended

Any progress on this issue from Microsoft and/or Polycom?  The test VVXs in my environment have been online for several weeks, and the Contacts:  Synchronizing message is still flashing away on the screens.

HP Recommended

Just bandwagon here.  Same issue.  Tried everything, no go.  Has to be some MS or Firmware issue would assume.

Also, can't find the corporate online directory...maybe that is the issue?

Other outlook contacts are there, but the Outlook/Exchange Contact list isn't around in the phone.  Figured that should be a feature as part of the contact lists available?

Thanks...subscribing to this one.

HP Recommended

VVX410 is the same way.

I tried numerous - if not ALL - of the firmware avaialble automatically. 
It appears this issue has been around since 5.5.x. 

5.4.x and below all work fine (except with 5.1.x and below there is a E911 issue (resolved with 5.4.x)...but 5.4.x has an issue where - if you dial via the SFB client and then pick up the handset ...there is nothing on the handset. Not even dead air just nothing.

We moved on from 5.1. x to only find out that 5.4.x has a 'no reponse' iusse. 
Went to 5.5.x....and now the sync is at issue.

And this is with 3.4.1 and 3.4.2 of BTOE (and there's the fact BTOE has connection issues after the PC is restarted - but that's for another thread).

I'll be getting some logs togehter as I opened a ticket with Polycom. (Though it appears they are pushing this off to MS.)

ADMIN- will you be combining threads or setting up a 5.5.x issues thread? 

HP Recommended

Running the 5.5.1-Q release version now, same issue still exist and the notes don't show any issues it actually resolved, just some new features.

Still can't find any official notes from anybody on this subject from Polycom or Microsoft so far.

Awaiting eagerly a response from MS.

HP Recommended

Hello all,

“The issue regarding Continuously synchronizing contact with Microsoft.com tenant has been identified and a solution will be available in the next maintenance release.”

We are currently working on this and I will keep you updated.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

When should we be able to expect this maintenance release to be available?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.