Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Equipment

Ploycom Trio 8800 w/ Visual+

Software Versions

Trios - 5.9.1.11135

Updater Signature - Release

This is a test phone, and since upgrading the firmware, I can log into the Trio, but it will no longer connect to the exchange. I receive the following message on the Trio itself:

"Warning: Failed to connect to Exchange server. Re-enter credentials to access Exchange services."

Re-entering will say successful, but then the message appears again about 30 seconds later.

We have just finished with enabling the tenant-wide OAuth2.0, so that is in place. My other test phone on version 5.9.0.11421 still works perfectly fine. 

I found this in the forum- https://knowledgebase-iframe.polycom.com/kb/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=39434&sliceId=1&..., however, it will say "Failed to fetch user certificate" when trying to log in that way.

Sort of at a loss why this phone won't connect to the exchange since the upgrade of firmware. I attached the logs leading up to the phone giving me the error message.

Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

The UC version you are running is not compatible, Try running UC version 5.9.1.10906 for the Trio 8800

HP Recommended

I actually just upgraded to 5.9.2.7553 to see if that would fix anything, but it did not. So wait, will this ever be compatible with later versions of software?  I thought anything from 5.9.1.XX needs the OAuth2.0 enabled, which it is now.

You can confirm this will only work with 5.9.1.10906 and earlier?

HP Recommended

I downgraded to 5.9.1.10906, but it still will not connect to the exchange, giving me the same error message.

HP Recommended

Hello @Kevin_A ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

You have two options:

• Use the version you know that works
  • Raise a support ticket

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

Normally, I wouldn't mind using the older version and just keeping it at that. But whenever I ask for assistance, I usually get told to upgrade to the latest firmware before I am helped. That's the only reason I have decided to upgrade.

I'm still working with my exchange engineer, as my polycom vendor told me it's a Microsoft issue and it's nothing they can assit with. I'm seeing if there is anything we are missing on our end. If we can't find it, I will have them open a support ticket.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi @Kevin_A 

from the Trio support page:

• Microsoft has announced changes related to the Microsoft Online device registration requirement. These changes affect Polycom Trio 8800 systems registered for Skype for Business accounts. Before upgrading your Microsoft environment Polycom Trio 8800 system to version 5.9.1 Rev AA or later, see the Technical Advisory for specific changes and actions required.

UC Software 5.9.1.10419 aka Rev AA added the above.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Yes, thank you. My team already completed the steps in that documentation and made sure OAuth2.0 was enabled tenant-wide.

Still not sure why it's failing authentication with the latest version.

HP Recommended

One additional question.

Based on the advisory, does my Trio have to be upgraded to the latest firmware, or could I remain on the older one without this new application ID being an issue?

So my team says they did the tenant-wide policy and now support the new Poly application ID. Since I still can't connect to the exchange on firmware 5.9.1XX and above, can I remain on my older firmware AFTER January 15th and still be good until we can figure this out?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi @Kevin_A 

the above-quoted announcement and the linked document should be quite clear.

The date is  January 15th, 2020 so the sooner you get this into support the better. After this date older devices with older firmware will no longer work.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.