1. If we don't have Windows DHCP options , Can I provision the sfb server information to the hard phone and using PIN to login?
I know BTOE software can help to login easily but they may not have computer with connect to the Lync Phone.
2, If the POE network disconnet, VVX phone can auto login after few minutes or hours? I have tested if unplug and plug the POE network VVX can cache the information and login automatically. They have some branch office , if the network have problem they don't want go on-site to login manually on every VVX phones .
1. The DHCP options are required in order to use PIN auth. This can be setup using almost any DHCP server, it does not have to be a Windows DHCP server.
2. The VVX phones can autologin if powered off for hours even a few days is normaily fine. As long as you are on a recent version you can log the phones in using the Web interface. If you set up a provisining server you can also put the phones credentials in the phones over ride file so it can login with no interaction.
Lync DHCP Options for PIN Auth.
There is also a new Skype for Bussiness board!
thnaks for your reply,
1. network vendor reply option 120 84 digital can input to Cisco DHCP server, option 120 shoud support 255 digital?
microsft refer to using windows DHCP servers, but branch site didnt have windows servers.
2. i have to check provision can do what things, it seems can pre input some value, i have try ti login through web ui but didnt login succcess, have to check the user guide.
welcome to the Polycom Community.
The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:
Jul 14, 2015 Question:Utilizing Pin & Extension Sign in without DHCP Server Option 43 support?
Resolution: Please check => here <=
Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.
Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.
Polycom Global Services