Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi , 

1. If we don't have Windows DHCP options , Can I provision the sfb server information to the hard phone and using PIN to login?

I know BTOE software can help to login easily but they may not have computer with connect to the Lync Phone.

2, If the POE network disconnet, VVX phone can auto login after few minutes or hours? I have tested if unplug and plug  the POE network VVX can cache the information and login automatically. They have some branch office , if the network have problem they don't want go on-site to login manually on every VVX phones . 

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

1. The DHCP options are required in order to use PIN auth. This can be setup using almost any DHCP server, it does not have to be a Windows DHCP server.

2. The VVX phones can autologin if powered off for hours even a few days is normaily fine. As long as you are on a recent version you can log the phones in using the Web interface. If you set up a provisining server you can also put the phones credentials in the phones over ride file so it can login with no interaction.

Lync DHCP Options for PIN Auth.
http://blog.schertz.name/2012/05/understanding-dhcp-option-43/

There is also a new Skype for Bussiness board!

http://community.polycom.com/t5/Skype-for-Business/bd-p/skypeforbusiness

HP Recommended

thnaks for your reply,

1. network vendor reply option 120 84 digital can input to Cisco DHCP server,  option 120 shoud support 255 digital?

microsft refer to using windows DHCP servers, but branch site didnt have windows servers.

2.  i have to check provision can do what things, it seems can pre input some value,  i have try ti login through web ui but didnt login succcess,  have to check the user guide.

HP Recommended

Hello thyhk215,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jul 14, 2015 Question:Utilizing Pin & Extension Sign in without DHCP Server Option 43 support?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.