Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm trying to connect my HTC phone to my Soundstation 2W and there is no recognition.

I am using the supplied cable and purchased the proper adapter but when the cable is plugged into the phone I see the phone icon for a headset appear.  No dial tone or reaction of any kind.

Help.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello sdarga,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The original 2.5mm => 2.5mm mobile phone cable that comes delivered with the SS2W only supported to work with certain older Handset's.

In order to utilize a newer Handset you will have to purchase the cable described in this post => here <=

The phone will always recognize the cable being plugged into itself even if there is nothing plugged into the other end.

I am unsure what third party adapter you have purchased but it seems incompatible.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Can this cable be purchased through Polycom?  Can you provide a link to purchase the correct cable?

The cable provided does not prompt the LCD to show the Mobile Device In, it only shows no signal.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello sdarga,

I wont be able to point out a specific reseller but utilizing the part number 2457-19047-001 with a search engine of your choice should bring back plenty of results.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I also have a unit that does not respond at all when the cable provided by Polycom with the unit is plugged in for mobile use.  Polycom Support referred me here because they only support cables from Polycom - which I am using.

HP Recommended

Hello HCSC,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

What Mobile phone are you using and does it have a 2.5mm Headset Socket or are you using any 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapters ?

The original 2.5mm => 2.5mm cable supplied with the Phone usually works with older Nokia Phones or BlackBerries.

Have a look at the cable described => here <=.

Above is for modern Smartphones.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.