Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a Polycom Soundstation 2 with display (Part No. 2201-16200-601) and a compute calling kit cable (part number 2457-17240-002). I'm trying to use the Soundstation as a speaker and microphone for my Macbook Pro and Mac mini, which has analog line in ports and a headphone jack. This is for Skype and Google Hangouts.

I read the FAQs, and as far as I can tell, I do have the correct cable.

The problem: When I plug the green cable into the headphone jack, I can hear the computer's sound on the polycom speakers. However, when I plug the red cable into the microphone jack, the computer hears no sound at all from the polycom microphones, even if I tap on them or speak loudly into them.

I've tried this on multiple computers with no luck. I also see that a number of other users have experienced this issue.

Does anyone know how I can get the microphone signal from the Polycom to show up on my Mac? 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
HP Recommended
Just another question. How can I connect the Soundstation 2 with a laptop that has only 1 x mic/audio 3.5mm combo connection interface? Should I use the cable 2457-17240-002 and have additionally a splitter to bring it to one connector again? Thanks in advanced AM
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.