Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Goal:  Establish a conference call using SoundStation2

We have two conference rooms with SoundStation2s.  The units are connected to our Mitel phone system through analog ports. 

I read this link http://community.polycom.com/t5/PSTN/FAQ-How-can-I-setup-a-conference-via-my-Polycom-Conference-Phon... and I still can’t figure out why it will not work.

When attempting to establish a conference call, the following happens

• The first number is dialed and a connection is established
  • Flash/conference is pressed, the first call is placed on hold.
  • The second number is dialed and a connection is established
  • Flash/conference is pressed, but the call does not get conferenced – the first call remains on hold.

What do I need to press to conference the calls?

Also, while trying to figure it out, at one point I disconnected the call from the SoundStation, and the two lines I was trying to conference in, got connected…I am not sure how this happened.

Any specific advice or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello bezoid,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Thanks for looking into the FAQ before posting. As mentioned in the link above the functionality completely depends on your Mitel PABX so you would need to liaise with Mitel or enquire in one of their community's how to "join" the call.

The Phone itself, like any other analog phone, only has the Flash functionality and / or * or # codes that may need to be used.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.