Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am attempting to setup two polycom full duplex sound station 2 phones on a very large conference room desk These have external Mics. When using both phones on the same conference call I get really bad feedback. They are separated by about twenty feet when the external mics aren't used but still give feedback.  Is there a way to change the frequency so that this does not happen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

the Mic's that are connected to the SoundStation 2 itself are in control of their own audio levels but cannot control / influence the other mic's on the 2nd SoundStation2 with the delay caused by the analog line.

This will not work and is not designed to work.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello covcreo,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I doubt that this is a supported environment and can only suggest to use a SoundStation IP 7000 with the Multi Interface if 2 units are required.

Above needs a SIP Server.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

These are not IP they are analog lines. I was wondering since the dual Mics do not feed back each other that the phones them selves may be adjusted to do the same.

HP Recommended

Hello,

the Mic's that are connected to the SoundStation 2 itself are in control of their own audio levels but cannot control / influence the other mic's on the 2nd SoundStation2 with the delay caused by the analog line.

This will not work and is not designed to work.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thank you sir, this is exactly what I needed to conviince my boss that this is not the expected use of these devices.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.