Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

[FAQ] Can I connect my SoundStation2™ Direct Connect for Nortel to any digital Phone Line?

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

[FAQ] Can I connect my SoundStation2™ Direct Connect for Nortel to any digital Phone Line?

Can I connect my SoundStation2™ Direct Connect for Nortel to any digital Phone Line?

NOTE: Please be aware that any kind of support for the SoundStation2™ Direct Connect for Nortel must be provided by Nortel or a Nortel Partner!

As outlined in this FAQ => here <= the SoundStation2™ Direct Connect for Nortel will only work with an Nortel Meridian PBX.

Any other PBX or Line will cause the SoundStation2™ Direct Connect for Nortel to only display the initializing message on the LCD Screen.

The Software within the SoundStation2™ Direct Connect for Nortel is designed to emulate a Nortel M2616 Model 20 Phone.

SoundStation2 Direct Connect is compatible with any digital voice port on NORTEL® Meridian®, Meridian 1 (option 11 to 81), SL-1, or SL-100 PBX with the exception of those supporting MBS (CENTREX®) phone sets.

In addition to the basic product functions, it supports two special functions - Conference and Transfer - in the same manner as the default M2616 Model 20, using key number position 3 for Conference and key number position 6 for Transfer.

The Port has to be programmed as a M2616 Handset and the Keys as follows:

Button 3 Code A06 (Conference)

Button 6 Code TRN (Transfer) 

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 1 of 1