Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello @all

I'm new in the community.

Do you how can I change flashing time in soundstation 500?

I need to adapt this time setting to my pbx.

Thanks in advance

Luca

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Luca,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Are you inquiring in regards to a VoiceStation 500 or a SoundStation 500?

• The analog VoiceStation 500 should have a simple menu where you can change the Flash time via the GUI

• The SoundStation500 is a product manufactured by Polycom for Avaya and Nortel and do work with their digital PABX systems and would not support such functionality,

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I need help regarding SoundStation 500.

Do you think that the attached tutorial for VoiceStation 500 should work also for SounsStation 500?

I need to connect SoundStation 500 to a Siemens PBX.

Thanks a lot

HP Recommended

Hello Luca,

Just to clarify.

Are you after changing the Hook Flash Time on a Phone to place a call on hold or do you mean your time displayed on the Unit is flashing?

If you are talking about a VoiceStation 500 then the Flash time settings can be changed via the Menu.

If you are talking about a SoundStation 500 then I am only aware of the mentioned Avaya / Nortel variant and these would not be compatible with an standard analog line.

It may be easiest if you reply with the part number printed at the bottom of the unit in order to figure out which Polycom device you own.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I want to change the flashing time used to place a call on hold. I need to set this to 300ms.

I need to change this setting in a SoundStation 500 (analog soundstation without display).

I don't find any documentation about this, the only documentation I've found is about the VoiceStation (different product).

Do you know if the VoiceStation technical guide should work also with SoundStaion 500?

HP Recommended

Hello Luca,

Could you attach a Photo of the Unit and the bottom of the unit so I can check the Part Number?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.