Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

just called the polycom-people in Germany today because of the following problem:

We do have a SoundStation 2W Unit (just the console). I was asking them if I could buy just a base unit as a spare part.

They told me that this won´t work because the two parts (console and base) are solely "married" to each other, i.e. You can not mix parts with different serial numbers. Following your reply to Bill it should be  possible to mix parts. And if yes, where can I buy a base unit only?

Thanks for your help in advance and

Best regards

Falco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Falco,

that Software is rather old and the unit was manufactured 2005.

Please ensure you go to the SS2W Website and download the 1.600 Software from => here <=

I am not 100% sure (as I got no such old Firmware / Hardware combination in my Lab) that your Software even supports GAP. It should offer 2 different Registration Methods but I think this was only introduced in 1.3xx

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Falco,

welcome to the Polycom community.

As far as I am aware you cannot purchase a single base station.

As replied to Bill I have tested multiple different base stations in my lab with non matching serial SS2W Units (in EMEA!).

What makes you so sure that the Base Station is the defective Unit?

Have you tried to register the SS2W via GAP to a normal household DECT Base Station?

I am aware that in EMEA manufacturers like SIEMENS Gigaset sell House Hold Base Stations and Handset's that allow up to 6 different Handset's being registered.

Maybe you can test to register your SS2W to ensure that the SS2W Unit itself is not faulty.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

thank you for your qick reaction. Meanwhile I tried to pair (register)  the console to an old Loewe base station (dect) but it did not work.

Would it possibly be working with a siemens gigaset SL780 or SL375 or 4170isdn base station (all dect/gap, allowing up to 6 different Handset's)?

Best regards

Falco

HP Recommended

Falco,

it could simply be that the SS2W itself is defective.

Can you check the Software Version and see if the Text in there "scrolls" ?

What is the Serial of the Unit at the Bottom?

I had it on an old Gigaset Base before and also plenty of different KIRK Systems all using GAP.

Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

CVM: 1.61

DSP: S2W.CON.01.209

CPLD: 1.06

The text does not scroll.

The Serial is:  F205420180649

thank you again for your help.

Best regards

Falco

HP Recommended

Hello Falco,

that Software is rather old and the unit was manufactured 2005.

Please ensure you go to the SS2W Website and download the 1.600 Software from => here <=

I am not 100% sure (as I got no such old Firmware / Hardware combination in my Lab) that your Software even supports GAP. It should offer 2 different Registration Methods but I think this was only introduced in 1.3xx

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

heureka!

After the software update it was no problem to register the console (gap) to a gigaset base station.

Thank you very very much for your support.

Best regards

Falco

HP Recommended

Hello Flaco,

glad I could be of help.

Regards

Steffen

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.