Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

My conference phone is unable to receive or make any calls. When I set it up it says ready and I've rebooted the phone and checked all the connections and everything seems fine. There is no dial tone when you try to make a call and when someone tries to connect they can hear it ringing on the phone but the conference phone still says ready and doesn't jump into life.

Was just wondering if anyone has any bright ideas?! I'm completely stuck!

Many thanks in advance.

Catriona

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Catriona,

your Polycom Reseller should be contacted as they should be able to raise an RMA to get the Unit repaired as they have sold you the unit. You need to discuss the options with them directly.

Alternatively you could contact Polycom Support => here <= but as a manufacturer the warranty is 1 year only.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Catriona,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Could you be so kind and explain what kind of Polycom Conference Phone you are using and what kind of Phone line this is being plugged into?

Does another Phone work with the same line?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Its a Polycom Soundstation 2W and it plugs into a BT phoneline. I've tried it on a few phone sockets and none of them work. When another phone is plugged in there is a dial tone so I don't think there is anything wrong with the phone socket. It's really strange. When it's set up it looks like it's ready. I've rebooted it and done all the sound checks and everything seems fine.

Any ideas?

Many thanks for your help,

Catriona

HP Recommended

Hello Catriona,

is this a new Unit and has it got the DECT Connection between the Base Station and the Unit (press the Page button to test this) ?

The only other reason I could think of is the cable that you are using may not use the US American Wiring on the RJ11 Plug.

Usually the Western Plug for US manufactured analog Phones uses the Pin 2 and 3 (RJ11)/ or Pin 3 and 4 (RJ12) for the Line.

These are the middle Pins in a RJ connection.

If you are using the originally supplied Cable from Polycom this should be fine and I have not had any faults with the Base Station not connecting to an analog line in my Support Role for the last 3 years.

If this is all correct and the Unit is new please contact your Reseller to issue an RMA.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

No, it's not a new Unit, we've had it for about 2 years and it's been working absolutely fine up until now. We're still using all the original cables that were supplied to us. I've tested the connection between the two parts and all is fine.

Is there anyone that can come have a look at it? What do you suggest?

Many thanks,

Catriona

HP Recommended

Hello Catriona,

your Polycom Reseller should be contacted as they should be able to raise an RMA to get the Unit repaired as they have sold you the unit. You need to discuss the options with them directly.

Alternatively you could contact Polycom Support => here <= but as a manufacturer the warranty is 1 year only.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Many thanks for all your help.

How do I know who is my Polycom reseller? The sound station was bought before I starting working here and can't seem to find any records on it when it was bought and where.

Best wishes,

Catriona

HP Recommended

Hello,

contact me via Community Mail with the Serial Number and I can look this up.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.