Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Greetings everyone.

Someone at our employment bought the polycom 550D. I have a dial tone with my phones up to the interface module. All i get is intializing. I have the phone built as a meridian 2616 line on CS 1000 pbx. should i assume the interface module is bad? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello robakabobbo,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

From the SoundStation 550D premiers userguide => here <=

SoundStation Premier® 500D/550D delivers the award-winning full-duplex audioconferencing technology from Polycom in a
“plug-n-play” design for direct connection to DEFINITY and System 75/85 digital ECS telephone systems

SoundStation Premier 500D/550D is compatible with any DEFINITY digital voice port that supports the 6400, 7400
or 8400 series phones (with the exception of the CallMaster series.)

Above does not mention a Meridian system and as far as I can remember this is for the SoundStation 2 direct connect only. Please work with a Polycom reseller in order to purchase the correct compatible system.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for your quick response!

I checked out part numbers. part number 2201 06375-103 is showing to be Merdian compliant. That part is the interface box.I have dial tone until i get to the Interface box.2200-07120-001 also shows it works with Meridan. Am i missing something? Your continued assistance is greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hello robakabobbo,

did this compatibility statement come from any Polycom documentation?

I would suggest your work with Avaya support as these phones run a specific Avaya software and they are providing the support for these.

Polycom only manufactures these units and I listed the compatible switches in my original reply.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

There was no paper work with this matter. So just to make sure I'm on the same page with you, you dont think its the interface box?

HP Recommended

Hello robakabobbo,

you commented in your initial reply to my answer, that the part numbers shows as compatible with a Meridian switch.

My question is where did you get this information from?

Was this provided by any Polycom website or Polycom paperwork or simply some information you found on the internet?

Above original statement I made is provided in the official Polycom SoundStation Premier User guide and does to my knowledge not list a Meridian as an compatible switch. It neither mentions a 2616 Line phone compatibility.

It does mention a DEFINITY switch and a compatibility to a 6400, 7400 or 8400 series phones.

My understanding therefore is that the Phone your employee purchased is simply not compatible with the telephony switch you are using.

I cannot comment on any functionality of a interface module as any information you have provided so far points to a simple incompatibility.

Please liaise with Avaya and/or a Polycom reseller if you have any further follow up questions.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.