Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Polycom stopped registering with base and when trying to register again error message "REGISTRATION FAILED" message appears on screen.

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Hello RandyBell,

I understand that your Soundstation 2W does not register with the base.

Attached are some instructions you may want to try in order to solve your issue.

Also Can you please let us know what are the CVM and DSP software versions of your unit? The software version can be found in Menu -> This Phone -> System Information.

If you are not running CVM 1.85 / DSP 1.600, we would suggest that you upgrade the software on your SoundStation 2W.

Instructions along with the software download can be found at

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/voice/soundstation/soundstation2w.html

The steps below should assist with the issue. Please let us know if you are having any further issues.

1.  Unplug all the power cords, and if possible, pull the battery out of the unit.  Leave all unplugged for about 30 seconds.  Make sure the phone and the base units have matching serial numbers.

2.  Reinstall the battery, and the power cords to the units, plugging in the base unit first.  Make sure the phone unit is plugged into a power supply. If the unit does not resync automatically, go to step 3.

3.  Separate the units by about 3-4 feet distance between each other

4.  Push menu button (grey button to the left of the display with squares and lines on it)

5.  Scroll down to "Admin setup" using arrow button to the right of the display, then push button with check mark in it

6.  Scroll down to “diagnostics”, and then push the checkmark button.  Scroll down to “restore defaults” and push checkmark button.  The unit will ask you “set default values”, push OK.  This will take you back to the previous menu.

7.  From the same menu, the next step down will be “reboot phone”, select this and the unit will state “reboot phone”, select “reboot” button.  You will see some gibberish on the display, then the unit will reboot.  If the unit does not automatically resync, go to step 8.

8.  Scroll down all the way to the bottom of the "Admin Settings" menu to "Registration" and push check mark button again

9.  Display will say "Register with Base Station", push register button soft key

10.  Power cycle base station (square shaped object) by pulling power cord, and then reinstalling after about 8-10 seconds

11.  Push "OK" soft button on phone unit

12.  Follow on screen directions telling you to press "page" key on base station for 10-12 seconds

13.  Phone unit will display "Registering" and will resync in 10 to 60 seconds

14.  If unit does not resync, try over again from step eight.

HP Recommended

Hi

I have followed all of the instructions and our soundstation2w will still not register with the base.  Is there any other steps that can be tried to rectify this as it is on the latest firmware etc as its only about 8 months old.

thanks

Ally 

HP Recommended

Hello sproket,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please contact your reseller for an RMA for this Unit.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem - I have tried all of the remedies listed in the previous post and have had no sucess...any ideas what I should do next?

HP Recommended

Hello JVH,

Please follow this up with your Reseller as the unit requires an RMA.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you - problem finally solved!

I had to perform the software upgrade, reboot, restore defaults, and then the registration process, but finally have a working SoundStation 2W again - phew.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm having the same problem, but when I perform the software upgrade, it fails on the last step. (Step 6)  I've tried re-registering about 10 times. I tried the software upgrade about 5 times and still no luck.  This device is well over a year old, and I know we didn't purchase any extended warranty on the product.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

HP Recommended

Hello ,

Please contact Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I'm having difficulty registering with the base. Occasionally, I've had to register the phone with the base. Usually, I'm able to follow the instructuions that are postedon this site, and I'm able to get the phone to register with the base. Not so this time.Here's the steps I've taken:

1. Work through the checklist over 10 times, moved the phone and base to a different room 

2. I call our reseller,

3. Reseller responded saying that since the phone was purchased in 2010, I'm to  contract Polycom for how to fix.

4. Too, the phone DSP is a 1.607

Any suggstions on how I can get the phone to register with the base?  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.