Polycom SoundStation Premier with Vonage Telephone

Occasional Visitor

Polycom SoundStation Premier with Vonage Telephone

Hi All,

I know that, it is a very old issue but did not find the right answer.

I bought a Polycom SoundStation Premier with two extended microphones. I can't give it back. I have a vonage telephone when I connect the vonage telephone line to Polycom, I could not hear the dial tone. I understood that, polycom expects analog signal and Vonage is a digital telephone.

What kind of equipment or device I need to buy to make this setup working. I could see one device (Office Konnector from Konexx) but it is very expensive (around $90). 

I would really appreciate any suggestions

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY
Polycom Employee

Re: Polycom SoundStation Premier with Vonage Telephone

Hello Rao!

In reference to the Soundstation Premier Userguide, the Soundstation Premier requires a standard analog telephone line to function. Using the Konexx connector to connect the Soundstation Premier to a digital line is an alternative configuration- but it will not work if Vonage is only providing you VoIP service and not digital.

Konexx connectors have only the capability to perform digital to analog- it does not have the capability to change Voip to analog.

It is possible that the service that Vonage is providing you is strictly for use as a VoIP line. In order to confirm that, I would recommend calling Vonage's tech support.

I hope that helps you out!

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a web service request or call us.
Message 2 of 2