Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom Soundstation 2W to external speaker system

dougatcu
Occasional Visitor

Polycom Soundstation 2W to external speaker system

Hi,

We have the Soundstation 2W and would like to connect the device to our speaker system in our conference room so the person on that line will go through those speakers so we can hear them better.  Still speaking through the Soundstation's mic is fine, we'd just like to hear them over the room is all.  Is this a feature provided on this?  If so, what's the cable I would use to connect it?

Thank you,

Doug

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom Soundstation 2W to external speaker system

Hello Doug,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Base station offers an audio auxiliary output as described in the data sheet => here <=

This uses an standard RCA jack and needs to be activated from console menu to ensure privacy.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 3
dougatcu
Occasional Visitor

Re: Polycom Soundstation 2W to external speaker system

Thank you for the quick response!

I went to the store and picked up a standard RCA cable and plugged the phone base into the auxilary input on our amp and we got no sound.  I see there's an LED on the phone base with a phone symbol next to it but when everything is plugged in, the LED is still not lit.  I assume it's supposed to be lit up if everything was working properly?

I did go into the phone settings and enabled the auxilary feature as well.

Is there a step I might be missing?

Thank you,

Doug

Message 3 of 3