Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

I have a Polycom Sounstation 2 W with LCD screen. It is wireless, so there is a sender and the main station.

When I place a call / receive a call, the sound quality for me on the Polycom is perfect.

However, the sound quality that the people I talk to have, is very poor, since there is a constant buzzing on top of my voice.

I tried the following:

- replace the power plug / transformers on both the station and the sender: no effect

- Disconnect the station from the power plug an use it on the battery only: no effect

- move the station in another location, far from any potential electromagnetic source: no effect

- change the phone line connecting the sender to the station: no effect

At this stage I cannot use the station at all, and it did work well in the past. 

It did not receive any shock.

Any suggestion is more than welcome!

Thanks a lot

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello Scha!

Are there any flourescent lights in the rooms that you are attempting to use the phone in, or are you in close proximity with an air conditioning/heating unit in your building?

If this is happening in different rooms and on different lines I would check potential environmental noises.

Hope that helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.