Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom Sounstation 2 W - Buzzing sound

Occasional Visitor

Polycom Sounstation 2 W - Buzzing sound

Hello everyone,

I have a Polycom Sounstation 2 W with LCD screen. It is wireless, so there is a sender and the main station.

When I place a call / receive a call, the sound quality for me on the Polycom is perfect.

However, the sound quality that the people I talk to have, is very poor, since there is a constant buzzing on top of my voice.

I tried the following:

- replace the power plug / transformers on both the station and the sender: no effect

- Disconnect the station from the power plug an use it on the battery only: no effect

- move the station in another location, far from any potential electromagnetic source: no effect

- change the phone line connecting the sender to the station: no effect

At this stage I cannot use the station at all, and it did work well in the past. 

It did not receive any shock.

Any suggestion is more than welcome!

Thanks a lot

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee

Re: Polycom Sounstation 2 W - Buzzing sound

Hello Scha!

Are there any flourescent lights in the rooms that you are attempting to use the phone in, or are you in close proximity with an air conditioning/heating unit in your building?

If this is happening in different rooms and on different lines I would check potential environmental noises.

Hope that helps!

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a web service request or call us.
Message 2 of 2