Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have a polycome soundstation 2 this unit will not power (go into sleep mode) off after a set time of no use.  The unit will only power off when the battery is unplugged or the battery dies.  We have reset the unit back to the factory defaults but that did not help.  What should I do?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello web_95,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

A couple of questions:

• Is this a brand new unit or a used unit?
  • How old is the unit if used?
  • What is the serial?
  • Did this ever work?
  • What Software Version is this running?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Well this was bought brand new but we have had it for 5-7years and the problem started happing about a week ago, serial is G207370489049.  Not sure how to check software version, but maybe these will help?  CVM-1.85 DSP-82W.CON.01.607  CPLD-1.06

HP Recommended

Hello Web,

It is already running the latest software but was purchased 23/10/2007 so I assume it has worked well if that is all that is wrong with it.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Yea it has worked fine so far, but how do you think we can fix this problem?

HP Recommended

Hello Web,

You could try to factory reset your 10 year old device or if this fails maybe try an RMA which is an out of warranty exchange.

Things do break after a certain time so 10 years is a long time.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

OK thanks how do we do a factory reset?  10 years is a long time thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.