Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

The phone doesn't initialize, the red lights keep blinking and the word "Initializing" never leaves the screen.

When I test sound and microphones everything works ok, and the private phone attached to the interface works perfecty, so the line is going through. 

Any idea of what this could be? 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

only the following (short list as there may be some more)

• SoundStation2
  • VTX1000
  • VoiceStation300
  • VoiceStation500
  • SoundStation2 Wireless

will work with an analog line.

The SoundStation2 AVAYA will require a specific Digital AVAYA PABX Extension (as clarified in the FAQ posted before) and will NOT work with an analog line

The SoundStation2 Nortel Direct Connect will require a specific Digital Nortel PABX Extension (there should be Information on our Product page) and will NOT work with an analog line

There is the new SoundStation DUO that will work with an analog line and also a SIP Extension and will leave you with a future proof solution.

Please contact a Polycom Reseller for further support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello saibamais,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Is this unit connected to an analog Line or a AVAYA digital PABX Line?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen

It is a PABX line, but probably no Avaya. Is that a problem?

HP Recommended

Hello,

of course it makes a difference as the Community search => here <= or the Data Sheet => here <= highlights.

Unlike the SoundStation2, which works with an analog line, the SoundStation2 Direct Connect or the SoundStation AVAYA 2490 will onlywork with an digital line.

It's branded relations only work with their respective digital compatible PABX extensions.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thank you Steffan.

So it seems I bought the wrong solution for our office.

I don't know what kind of PABX we have.

Is there a product that will be compatible with any generical PABX line?

(Since I will probably have to exchange the product I bought).

If that is not possible I understand I can connect it to an analog line and it will work ok, right?

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Hello,

only the following (short list as there may be some more)

• SoundStation2
  • VTX1000
  • VoiceStation300
  • VoiceStation500
  • SoundStation2 Wireless

will work with an analog line.

The SoundStation2 AVAYA will require a specific Digital AVAYA PABX Extension (as clarified in the FAQ posted before) and will NOT work with an analog line

The SoundStation2 Nortel Direct Connect will require a specific Digital Nortel PABX Extension (there should be Information on our Product page) and will NOT work with an analog line

There is the new SoundStation DUO that will work with an analog line and also a SIP Extension and will leave you with a future proof solution.

Please contact a Polycom Reseller for further support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello. I have a similar issue. I need some assistance installing and activating a digital Polycom Soundstation 2 model 2490 conference phone. We use digital PBX and I have attached the Polycom as the manual instructs to the interface module, but the conference phone is just stuck in the "initializing" mode. I have an Avaya IP Office 500 System Server and I'm wondering if there is that needs to be checked/set, or do I need to do something to get the module to complete initialization and begin working?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.