Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

we want to buy a Soundstation2 Polycom 2201-16000-601 for our company and there are a few questions, which Polycom could not answer us and had suggested to us to ask you, the following are the questions that are currently occupying us

1. what type of connection does the conference phone have, ISDN or IP?
  2. Is the phone connected with an RJ-45 cable?
  3. Can the telephone be connected to an active telephone system?
  4. how is an MSN entered on the telephone?

can the configuration of the MSN also be controlled via the telephone system?

I'm grateful for any help you can give me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Valentin94,

You have asked 4 questions but refer in your reply to 5...

[SB] Neither of the above as it is an analog phone and uses an analog plug either to fit to your contries standard or simple RJ12

[SB] See the above. Its not using an RJ45 cable and do not replace the cable between the Base and the Phone with a Standard RJ45 either

[SB] The analog SoundStation 2 can be connected to an analog line. This can either be a analog PSTN line or an analog PABX Extension

5. [SB] This is not a phone where you can add any ISDN MSN

I hope this is what you are after. 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Valentin94,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The SoundStation 2 is an analog device that requires an analog PSTN or Extension line.

Have a look at our SoundStation IP Range or if you want something more future proof the Polycom Trio range.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @SteffenBaierUK,

I'm sorry to say that, but unfortunately, your intel couldn't help me.

It only refers to the 4 / 5 questions in the first post.

Best Regards

Valentin

HP Recommended

Hello @Valentin94,

You have asked 4 questions but refer in your reply to 5...

[SB] Neither of the above as it is an analog phone and uses an analog plug either to fit to your contries standard or simple RJ12

[SB] See the above. Its not using an RJ45 cable and do not replace the cable between the Base and the Phone with a Standard RJ45 either

[SB] The analog SoundStation 2 can be connected to an analog line. This can either be a analog PSTN line or an analog PABX Extension

5. [SB] This is not a phone where you can add any ISDN MSN

I hope this is what you are after. 

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.