Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Somewhere to start with

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Somewhere to start with

Hi,

I'm in the UK and I've just bought a VoiceStation 300 (via ebay) in the hope that my mother will be able to use it as a telephone/speaker-phone replacement.

I seem to have the PSU with all the cables and the system works, incoming and outgoing, but I noticed when the unit is used it's noisy and the broadband in the house disconnects. I'm figuring that this is because the cabling I have (1x 8 wire RJ45 terminated cable between the PSU and desk unit, and 1x 4 wire RJ11 terminated cable) connects into the modem side of an ADSL micro-filter.

Am I correct in assuming that I should have a standard telephone jack plug (BT 431A) or adaptor on one end so I can plug into the phone line side instead of the modem (RJ11) side?

Cheers, Hobbit.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Somewhere to start with

Hello Hobbit,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

If a analog phone is used in the UK with a Broadband Line that is terminated via a filter always the Phone part of the filter must be used as the modem part is only for the Broadband modem.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Occasional Contributor

Re: Somewhere to start with

OK, many thanks for that, just what was needed.

The unit performs just as I'd hoped with one slight exception - the output from the unit to the telephone system is quiet, even talking to the unit at two feet it can be a struggle for the remote party to hear, is there a way to either boost the microphone sensitivity or the "output" volume?

Other than that a perfect piece of kit,  well suited to acting as a speakerphone unit in a domestic situation, and simple enough for Mum to understand and operate.

Message 3 of 3