Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

The LCD on our SoundStation 2 conference phone will light up, but no text will be displayed. This could be just a contrast issue, but unfortunately, all the support I can find online basically tells you to press the menu button and follow the on screen prompts. This does not work when you can't see the on screen text. Does anyone have a list of the buttons I can press to adjust contrast down without having to see the screen, or any other suggestions on why we can't see text on the screen?

Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Chanac ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Not knowing if the unit is 1 year or 10 years old it is hard to advise. Also not knowing what changed and how it got into this state makes it hard to comment.

The publicly available user guide >here< details what keys and steps are needed to get into the contrast menu.

Posting a serial from the bottom of the device will allow us to look up the history.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Sorry it took a bit to respond. The serial is H81137020627.

The manual does not help as it tells you to "Cycle through the options using the Scrolling buttons and choose Contrast, and then press the Select button . " Without being able to read the screen, I cannot cycle through the options by using the text. If it told me to scroll down 3 times, then contrast was the fourth option, or some type of directions like that which don't rely on reading the screen, then it would be more useful. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Chanac ,

I do not have such old hardware anywhere in my home office so I cannot even talk you through it.

Most likely the unit is defective anyway.

Our records show it was purchased via SCANSOURCE INC back in 07/11/2011

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.