Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I've purchased a new SE-225 with the intention of using it in my home office for conference calls. Two issues I have are:

1. The speaker makes a contants hiss/white noise when the phone is not in use.

2. The speaker mic does not work very well. People on the other end of the line complain that they can't hear me clearly until I pick up the handset.

Before I return the unit to the supplier, has anyone else had these issues and resolved them ?

Thanks in advance,

Colm

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Sure would like to see an answer on this.  I purchased an SE-225 a number of years ago as a up-scale home office phone and speaker phone.  As a speaker phone, the mic has never worked well, with con call participants always asking me to speak-up, or pick up the handset.  I should have returned it, but ended up using it in headset mode most often.  Would love to understand if there is a fix or an alternative to be able use the device as a premium speaker phone as originally intended.

HP Recommended

I have a Soundstation 2 which is experiencing speaker hiss.  Actually two identical models give the same problem.

I have been informed that it would be worth investigating a wiring/earth issue external to the phone which I will.  I just replied to this thread to hopefully provide some extra input.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.