Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

SoundStation 2 Ext Mic's Not Working

ToddCooper
Occasional Visitor

SoundStation 2 Ext Mic's Not Working

The two external mic's for a SoundStation 2 Ex are not appearing to work.

Is there any configuration setup that we need to do to enable the Mic's?  

NOTE:  We don't have any manual for usage of these mic's beyond where they are supposed to connect.  Is there an ex mic user's manual?

Is there a way of testing these mic's?  The built-in SoundStation 2 mic test only works for the 3 internal inputs.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: SoundStation 2 Ext Mic's Not Working

Hello ToddCooper,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please ensure you check the following PSTN FAQ :

Jun 23, 2012 Question: What expansion Microphones can I use?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Only the correct part numbers in there are compatible.

There is no configuration needed.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
ToddCooper
Occasional Visitor

The microphone part numer is correct for the SoundStation2 EX.

What I can't find is the part numbers for the SoundStation2 EX to verify that the part number on the main device is correct.  That part # 2201-16200-601 L.

So ... my original problem persists and I'm not sure what to do next.

Note that we have made calls using the 2.5mm audio port on the side of the console from a mobile phone ... the 3 built-in mic's plus speakers work fine!

Message 3 of 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello,

the part number is at the  bottom of the unit.

I would suggest you contact the Polycom reseller who sold you the items for further support as they can raise a ticket with Polycom support for you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4